Online relationship asked me on a date? your opinions.?

I met this guy on a chatting website about a month ago. He lives about 15 hours away from me, but is self-employed and travels a lot. The other day he asked if he could take me out for dinner sometime soon. I'm 18, he's 25.

I just want to know what y'all think about the situation.

I've seen his face and talked to him voice-to-voice (skype, calls, pics), so I know he's not lying about who he is.

• Bryce
    Favorite Answer

Just let all your friends and relatives know what you're doing, in case he turns out to be an axe murderer.

Be very careful! 18 is still pretty young.

The most important thing is your safety, why don't you take along a couple of friends and make it a double date? Don't let him take you off alone as this is your first meeting, he could be dodgy.

Meet in a very public place and stay in a public place with him. Even if he appears very lovely on first meeting be on your guard, things can get ugly if you're not careful.

Good luck!

15 hours away that would take all day to get there. nothing wrong with meeting online but i wouldn't want to meet or date someone who lives that far away. plus if he travels a lot then he probably various girls like you all over the place, you could just be going on his database.

• beadlz

i personally would get to know this person a little better than just a month. and ALWAYS meet someone in a public place with lots of people in case the guy is not who he said he was and tries something. you can yell for help. NEVER meet anyone in a secluded place.

um... no way. i would actually want to see the guy in a screen face-to-face chat, and get to know him WAYYYYYYYY better before i even thought about doing anything with him.

what kind of loser would have an online friend

hahaha loser

haha...

ha

sounds like a cool situation, get a free dinner!

Source(s): :D LOVEYAEEW
  • Max

He probably just wants to talk to you about economics or something LOL

Bring birth control.