Online relationship asked me on a date? your opinions.?

I met this guy on a chatting website about a month ago. He lives about 15 hours away from me, but is self-employed and travels a lot. The other day he asked if he could take me out for dinner sometime soon. I'm 18, he's 25.

I just want to know what y'all think about the situation.

Update:

I've seen his face and talked to him voice-to-voice (skype, calls, pics), so I know he's not lying about who he is.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Bryce
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Just let all your friends and relatives know what you're doing, in case he turns out to be an axe murderer.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Be very careful! 18 is still pretty young.

The most important thing is your safety, why don't you take along a couple of friends and make it a double date? Don't let him take you off alone as this is your first meeting, he could be dodgy.

Meet in a very public place and stay in a public place with him. Even if he appears very lovely on first meeting be on your guard, things can get ugly if you're not careful.

Good luck!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

15 hours away that would take all day to get there. nothing wrong with meeting online but i wouldn't want to meet or date someone who lives that far away. plus if he travels a lot then he probably various girls like you all over the place, you could just be going on his database.

• beadlz
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

i personally would get to know this person a little better than just a month. and ALWAYS meet someone in a public place with lots of people in case the guy is not who he said he was and tries something. you can yell for help. NEVER meet anyone in a secluded place.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

um... no way. i would actually want to see the guy in a screen face-to-face chat, and get to know him WAYYYYYYYY better before i even thought about doing anything with him.

• 1 decade ago

what kind of loser would have an online friend

hahaha loser

haha...

ha

sounds like a cool situation, get a free dinner!

Source(s): :D LOVEYAEEW
  • Max
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

He probably just wants to talk to you about economics or something LOL

Bring birth control.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.