I recently quit my old job at Comcast. I tried to withdraw my 401k and cash it out.?

I called Fidelity and was told that Comcast placed a "stop" on my account and Comcast did not list a reason for doing so. Why would they place a hold on my account? and also is it legal?

I called Fidelity and was told that Comcast placed a "stop" on my account and Comcast did not list a reason for doing so. I'm fully vested. Why would they place a hold on my account? and also is it legal?

• Reena
    Favorite Answer

What was your vesting percentage?

If you had this 401K for less than 5 years chances are that you are not 100% vested and any company contributions will be deducted before they send you a check.

Contact the Human Resources Department at Comcast and talk to them about it. Ask which forms you need to get the pay out started and remember that you will have to pay 10% immediately to the IRS and of course the whole amount due (including the 10% you never see) is added to your yearly income and taxed again.

Comcast 401k

401k?

I WOULD BE ANGRY U SEEM TOO CALM.