Can an electric fireplace help lower my electric bill?

I live in colorado and just moved into a house with electric heaters along the bases of all the walls. I can tell just by looking at the heaters that they are old and I am assuming that they are not very energy efficient because of their age. I read that an electric fireplace cost roughly 8 cents an hour to use.... show more I live in colorado and just moved into a house with electric heaters along the bases of all the walls. I can tell just by looking at the heaters that they are old and I am assuming that they are not very energy efficient because of their age. I read that an electric fireplace cost roughly 8 cents an hour to use. My electric bill has been over 200.00 for the past 2 months now and I have done everything I can to lower it. The heaters are the only thing really that are out of my control and I am pretty sure they are the reason my bills have been so high. Any help would be great.
Update: All of the windows are brand new and I am doing the zone heating right now. Only using the heaters if I am in the room. No one thinks that the age of the heaters could be affecting the amount of electricity they are using? Surely something that is 20 or 30 years newer would be more efficient?