is it wise to install windows 7 to an 9 yr old home computer?

ive had my pc for over 9 years, and it runs on windows xp, but lately its been slow and looks outdated, is it wise to buy and install windows 7? o should i just invest in a new pc? thank you in advance for your answers!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Are you satisfied with your PC?

It sounds like you're ready for a new one, but if it is fit for purpose for you then it's your choice. Computers have become six times as fast for half the price since yours was built.

As for the change in OS, it wouldn't make much difference and again it's your call. It may even make the computer faster if you do a custom install, but it may become slower due to 7's advanced graphics.

• 1 decade ago

Invest in a new pc. Windows 7 will most likely not run on your 9 year old pc. Even if it did it would not perform well.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hi G_Ramirez,

To check to see if your computer is able to run Windows 7, I recommend downloading the Upgrade Advisor. It will tell you pretty clearly if your computer will be able to run all the bells and whistles. ;)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/downloa...

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Kim

Windows Outreach Team

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

10 year old computer? do you have any idea of the technological advancements in computer hardware since 10 years ago?

i recommend buying a new puter.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Do you know the specs? If so, tell us.

• 1 decade ago

no... just no

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.