Iphone as Wifi Connection?

Hey everybody umm this would be a major help if possible. I want to use my cell phone or better yet iphone as a wifi connection. My internet finds it fun to drop out for days at a time sometimes, so I am trying to figure out if I can use my cell phone (CU720 - and bluetooth capability) or iphone, to receive a connection from my computer wirelessly connecting to the internet, what im trying to say is can my iphone or cell act as a modem kinda? ; And does it cost money because I don't have the unlimited data charge plan?

PLEASE help

P.S. Doing this without jailbreaking would be preferred.

Favorite Answer

iPhone will require a activation fee for the feature. And it will be used as tethering via the usb connection.

• Jef

On an iPhone, you can't do it without a jailbreak.

Many other smartphones will, though most cell carriers charge a data fee for using your device as a wifi hotspot. I have a Palm through Verizon, and it does a decent job of becoming a hotspot, which comes in handy.

If you are with AT&T, which most likely you are, it does cost money. I last checked it was $30 ish a month, but call to find out more. The term is called Tethering. If you want to jail break your phone then there are apps that will do it for free.

• erma

The iPhone 4 has a foul connection many times. this is because of the situation of the receiver interior the backside of the telephone. My gf has a 4s and the version in sign is needed.