Ash asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Republicans/ Tea Partiers; Doesn't someone need to smack some sense in Ron Paul?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt7VGeVP3v8

Youtube thumbnail

He is so anti-military! He doesn't understand that without our military presence in the world people will trample all over us. Iran would attack us, so would China and Russia.

When did he lose his mind?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Ron Paul isn't Anti-Military.

He's against the US military being used as muscle around the world to prop up jackasses hated by their own people and support the business interests of the jackasses who run Congress.

The Military of the US wasn't meant to serve the vanity of a would be king, but to defend the BORDERS of the US and nothing else. The Military being used for interventionism around the world is nothing but a crock of buffalo dung meant to make War Profiteers wealthy.

• 1 decade ago

Your a complete retard, If america were to bring its military home it would be in no more danger of attack than it is now. China and Russia have no interest in attacking USA just as USA has no interest in attacking China and Russia. They have mutually beneficial relationships. I don't think Ron Paul wants to dismantle the military, just down-size it. To be honest the US military could be a quarter of its current size and nobody would want to touch it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Iran attack us ???? That is the very same insane logic that the war machine depends on .... Attack us with what ? A shoe ??? Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich are the ONLY voice of reason IN politics ... The rest are at the beck and call of the war machne ...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

FALSE.

Ron Paul is NOT anti military. You DO UNDERSTAND he's a prior Veteran himself.

What he IS is against the interventionist policies that Bush and Obama continue.

There is no constitutional basis for meddeling in the affairs of other countries....but I guess you think that's ok.

Or are you PRO-WAR ??

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Of course we have to have a military, and a good one at that. We can't forget that War is a inevitable part of civilization and has been since human history. Even animals fight over land and resources in groups. If you intimate your enemy they are less likely to launch an attack. I would like to see a war free world but that ain't happening anytime soon.

• Oscar
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

That may be true but where are you going to get some sense to smack into him. I have searched this planet over thoroughly and haven't found any.

• Pfo
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

He just looks at the cost of maintaining all of this. He makes a good point that it is expensive, but I disagree with him on shutting it all down.

You really should ask yourself though, how badly do we need military bases in Japan, Germany or Cuba today? The garrisons stationed at these bases do not pose a serious defense against the Iranian, Chinese or Russian militaries, that is not their purpose.

• 1 decade ago

ah, he and ralph nader gets their wrinkled suits out of the closet every few years and talks nonsense and then we never hear from them again for awhile until something important happens and then they go back to the closet and their mouths open and , well, you know the rest, but i would not smack them over it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Myeh. That'll teach us to meddle in international affairs.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I guess thats why the military donations to him during 2008 were higher than the rest of the candidates combined on both sides.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.