I need a new recipe for dinner tonight. Starting with salmon!?

I am cooking dinner tonight, I have a big slab of salmon, how do i cook it with new flavors, and what should i have with it. Please !!!!!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

wash the salmon with water, blot dry with paper towel, put plenty of salt and pepper then dredged in flour. Fry slowly in butter (start with flesh side down, when brown turn over and put skin side down till crispy and cooked through). Take out fish, in same pan add a bit of white wine to get up all the brown bits, let cooke down, add a scoop of cream cheese, a chug of cream, plenty of dill, a pinch of chilli pepper and a tsp of sugar. and more black pepper. Heat through and pour over fish. YUM YUM!! I also sometimes add a big spoonful of dijon mustard or honey mustard. Even yummier...

• Lois
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

Salmon is so delicious you hardly have to do anything to it to produce a "gourmet" meal. Here's a real easy way to cook it. Rub your salmon all over with a bit of extra virgin olive oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside. Heat equal amounts of butter and olive oil in a skillet. Saute about a teaspoon of dried or a tablespoon of fresh rosemary in the butter/oil mixture until it's moist and smells nice. Add the salmon and cook until the bottom is lightly brown and crusty. Flip over and cook the other side. If the bottom gets brown before the center is done, turn heat down and cover skillet with a lid till the inside is done. How long it takes depends on how thick your salmon is. If the rosemary gets too crispy you might want to remove it before serving. Bon appetit!

• 1 decade ago

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Citrus-Broiled-Alaska...

This is my favorite easy salmon recipe. I usually have it with fluffy white rice, bread and a vegetable like this:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sauteed-Green-Beans/D...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • shan
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

margarita slamon-

Ingredients

6 (5 ounce) salmon fillets

3 tablespoons fresh lime juice

3 tablespoons orange blossom honey

1 pinch brown sugar

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

salt and pepper to taste

lime slices for garnish

Directions

1.Place salmon fillets in a 9x13 inch baking dish. In a small bowl, stir together the lime juice, honey, brown sugar, and olive oil. Pour over the salmon. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate.

2.Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (220 degrees C). Season the salmon with salt and pepper.

3.Bake for 15 minutes in the center of the preheated oven, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Garnish with lime slices, and serve immediately

-----------------------------------------------------

salmon with lemon and dill-

Ingredients

1 pound salmon fillets

1/4 cup butter, melted

5 tablespoons lemon juice

1 tablespoon dried dill weed

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

sea salt to taste

freshly ground black pepper to taste

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.

2.Place salmon in the baking dish. Mix the butter and lemon juice in a small bowl, and drizzle over the salmon. Season with dill, garlic powder, sea salt, and pepper.

3.Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until salmon is easily flaked with a fork.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

garlic salmon-

Ingredients

1 1/2 pounds salmon fillet

salt and pepper to taste

3 cloves garlic, minced

1 sprig fresh dill, chopped

5 slices lemon

5 sprigs fresh dill weed

2 green onions, chopped

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Spray two large pieces of aluminum foil with cooking spray.

2.Place salmon fillet on top of one piece of foil. Sprinkle salmon with salt, pepper, garlic and chopped dill. Arrange lemon slices on top of fillet and place a sprig of dill on top of each lemon slice. Sprinkle fillet with chopped scallions.

3.Cover salmon with second piece of foil and pinch together foil to tightly seal. Place on a baking sheet or in a large baking dish.

4.Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until salmon flakes easily.

---------------------------------------------------------------

brown sugar salmon-

Ingredients

1/4 cup packed light brown sugar

2 tablespoons Dijon mustard

4 (6 ounce) boneless salmon fillets

salt and ground black pepper to taste

Directions

1.Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack at about 6 inches from the heat source; prepare the rack of a broiler pan with cooking spray.

2.Season the salmon with salt and pepper and arrange onto the prepared broiler pan. Whisk together the brown sugar and Dijon mustard in a small bowl; spoon mixture evenly onto top of salmon fillets.

3.Cook under the preheated broiler until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 10 to 15 minutes.

serve with a salad, rice, or grilled veggies

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.