Govt. ( Due Process ) & ( Gay Marriage )?
1. Why is due process applied differently in almost every situation?
2. Are gay rights and gay marriage protected or prohibited by the US Constitution? Explain.
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
1) Due process depends on the police officer or the judge. Some judges allow more than others.
2) Consitution does not talk about gay marriage. It does guarantee everyone equal protection under the law, but does not guarantee people the same rights. If this is the case then everyone should be entitled to section 8 housing, food stamps, social security, unemployment and free day care. But these programs are not based upon income levels. Marriage is defined as a union between a man and a woman. Therefore, the law does provide EQUAL protection under the law and allows men and women to marry.