Renegade asked in Social ScienceEconomics · 9 years ago

Can you do my Economics homework for me?

I was seeking some comments about why certain people put up their entire Economics homework on Yahoo just so somebody can answer it for them? They do this without attempting to think for themselves and when somebody questions thaem, they have the person blocked !!!!!

Update:

I can name one particular person. But I guess you can recognise him form the Economics category on this site.

Update 2:

Fair enough if somebody needs help. However when somebody posts 10 questions a day and they all look like text book questions, then its simply abusing the privelage here.

Update 3:

European Girl; you obviously dont visit the Economics page in particular then.This guy is at tit everyday.all of his homework and he is so arrogant that it bugs me!!

Update 4:

Let me just name the person, my fingers are itching. His name is ANDREW SUGDEN

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

Because people are lazy. Some people genuinely do want your help with things, such as a math problem they cannot get or a chemistry question they do not understand... others are just plain old lazy and want to not have to think about their homework at all.

EDIT: Its sad that text book questions are the easiest ones... look in your book, am I right?

• Susan6 years agoReport

I think instead of them posting questions here they should go to an essay writing service such as http://customresearchessaywriters.com/order.php and pay to have their papers written for them

• John M
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Most of us won't answer a post that has too many questions. If we tell the person why, they generally don't give you a best answer, so saying anything to them pulls down your best answer percentage. I think the best approach is to ignore the person posting 10 questions. They will probably either mention it to a friend, or post a question about why, and a responder can then reply and get a best answer for a good explanation of why they shouldn't ask 10 questions on one post.

I think most of us answer to help people out, build up a bank of points to use when we have our own questions, and for the fun of competing on best answer percentage or total points or some other aspect of the site. I know it feels good when you help someone with not just an answer but also an explanation and they seem to feel like they gained some understanding that will last a while for them.

So I suggest we all ignore the long set of questions in one post and see if the people posting them figure it out on their own and start splitting them up and maybe interacting to actually learn things or debate points or whatever is fun and useful for them.

• 4 years ago

I could answer all Economics homework questions as I have taught Economics for 32 years. However, I only answer questions on a specific point of difficulty as I consider wider answers to encourage a lazy approach to homework

• 9 years ago

Speaking as an economics teacher, I can tell you that I check a wide variety of Q&A sites. Something I tell all my students by the way! I'm not the only teacher who does this, there are plenty of others just like me out there. And yes, cheaters have been caught!

In my case, I happen to be very tech and computer-literate. And I can tell you from personal experience that we do share our techiques, examples, lessons, etc with other teachers. And over the years, our level of tech knowledge has grown too. I work with plenty of other teachers who regularly use Facebook, podcasts, YouTube, etc. So we're not stupid; we're getting smarter and smarter all the time!

Now I understand that material in class can be tough for you. That's a given and something that's been the case since day one. It's always been a part of the learning process, and will always be that way. So having difficulties in answering questions and understanding the material is nothing new. It's a given.

And yes, students have always turned to others for help. Some turn to their fellow classmates to help explain things in a way that may work better for them. Others turn to their teachers for extra help, additional resources, alternate explanations, etc. And today, we turn to the net more and more. So the only thing new is where students will turn, not the fact they do seek out assistance.

But you have to be careful not to cross that line and cheat! Wwhether it's on the net or not, asking somebody to clarify something or give you some guidance may be ok. But when you ask somebody else to do it for you, that is blatent cheating, period!

As teachers, we don't expect students to be able to do everything and get it all right every single time. There will always be something you'll struggle with or be unable to do. That's all part of the learning process, nobody knows everything and does well all the time. Just think of Albert Einstein. He flunked a math course, yet went on to be one of the world's most brilliant mathematicians.

Stop focusing on being perfect and getting everything correct. Just do your very best and don't be afraid to ask for help. Asking for help is nothing to be ashamed about. It doesn't mean you're stupid. It's a good thing that says you realize you're struggling, but are wlling to deal with it in the right way! And as I say in my job hunting book, employers will respect this very much!

So don't cheat! You are taking a huge risk of getting caught by teachers like myself who are out there surfing the net. And risking being outted by others who find out and put it out there for the whole world to see. It's not worth it one iota!! Just do your own work and put your best effort into it.

Source(s): I've been a longtime teacher who's taught in the public schools and on the college level. And I've taught subjects from literally A to Z. Plus, I've taught in every single learning environment: classroom, online, blended or hybrid, one-on-one, etc. And I've taken classes in a physical classroom and online. So I know what it's like to be on both sides, teacher and student.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Lobbs
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Some people seem to get their kicks out of getting people to answer questions from a textbook. It's a crazy world

• 6 years ago

Susan 35 secs

I think instead of them posting questions here they should go to an essay writing service such as http://customresearchessaywriters.com/order.php and pay to have their papers written for them

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

The writing jobs aren’t difficult, so anybody who has good writing capabilities will be capable to excel so if you will like to give it a shoot at earning money simply and entertaining you should attempt a site

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

hey sometimes poeple need desperate help in diree situations! Please don't judg, you may be in the same position one day =] and i will help!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.