Can US Citizen Sponsor to Non US Citizen To Come Live In The United States Permanently?

I am from England. I have friend who live in United State permanently. My friend Said He Can Sponsor me if I willing to live in United State permanently.

I want to live in U.S.A permanently cause I love America. I need Green Card to get his sponsor?

OR

He can sponsor me without winning Green Card?

• Yakuza
    Favorite Answer

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

This site will provide you with the answer to your questions. Good luck,its nice to see someone that loves America and doesnt hate us .

your friend cannot sponsor you unless they are the opposite sex and you marry

Pick a visa

There are basically NINE ways that you can get a visa to live and work in the US:

(1) Marriage (or engagement in anticipation of marriage) to a US citizen.

(2) You have skills that are in short supply in the US e.g. scientific or medical training. A degree is normally a must. Or you have superior specialist skills with at least 12 years experience. (H visas)

(3) You have an Employer who is willing to transfer you - but even the employer has to make a good case for you - so you have to be a manager unless you fall under category (2) above.(L visas)

(4) You may get a Green card in the diversity lottery (UK citizens, except N.Ireland, are not generally eligible unless you, your spouse or parents were born abroad or held a different citizenship.

(5)You own or buy business (does not get you permanent resident status i.e. no green card)You must be a national of a qualifying Treaty countries. The business must have a minimum value of around $150k (more the better) bearing in mind you will need somewhere to live and with any startup business you will need at least 2 years living money as back up. So a figure of $350k would be a nearer minimum (E-2 visas)

(6)You are an "investor" i.e. you have at least US $1m in assets to bring with you. half of that in a few areas. And your background will be investigated to the hilt. (EB-5 visas)

(7)You have a close relative (mother, father, brother, sister and no further) who is an US citizen who would sponsor you, approx time this take 2-12 years?

(8.The R1 visa is available to foreign members of religious denominations, having bona fide non-profit religious organizations in the U.S., for entering the U.S. to carry on the activities of a minister or religious worker as a profession, occupation or vocation

(9)THE UNUSUAL You are in a position to claim refugee status/political asylum. or You get a member of Congress to sponsor a private bill with legislation that applies just to you.

The S visa issued to persons who assist US law enforcement to investigate and prosecute crimes and terrorist activities such as money laundering and organized crime

Recruitment agent will not take you seriously if you are not already in the US. Writing for jobs is really a waste of time; likewise US employers have no idea what foreign qualification are or mean (except Degrees) it may pay you to get your qualification translated into a US equivalent, there are Companies that do this (www.wes.org) ..

But if you are getting a visa under (2) above then you need a job offer before you can get the visa. Your Employer will be your sponsor this will cost them upward of $5k. So you can see you have to be offering something really special to get considered They may also have to prove to the Dept of labor that there is no American who can do the job if the position is to be permanent ©

If you are a guy and your friend is a guy, no he can't sponsor you for a greencard. Only if you get married to somebody you can sponsor somebody who is not closely related to you. Currently same sex marriages are not acknowledged on the federal level in the US, which means that no immigration benefits can be derived from a same sex marriage.

If you are a girl who chose a screen name Kevin, a Kevin could marry you and sponsor you for a greencard. You only will get a permanent greencard if you stay married for at least 2 years. And all necessary forms are filed in a timely manner...

My Girl friend is in Ghana and wants to come to the United States so we can get married her Father was a CITIZEN of the united states and when he pass away and her mother pass away she when to stay with her uncle

because she didn't have the money to come to the united States, can I sponsor her for marriage

Can i sponsor my 19 year old cousin, who is also an international student in the United States. she has approximately 2 more years of school

My step sister just moved back home from Canada. She wants her husband who is not a US citizen to move here. I am a US citizen as well as my step sister, I would like to sponsor him to move here permanently. What is the steps I need to do to legally bring him here.

The UK is not eligible for the Green Card Lottery. You would have to be married to a US Citizen to get a Green Card, or be an immediate relative - those are the most feasible ways anyway.

Source(s): UK Citizen living in US - Green Card holder.

He cant sponsor you, only a direct family member such as spouse sibling or parent can sponsor you. People from England are not allowed to play green card lottery.

No. He has to be related to you- sister, brother, son, daughter, mother, father. If you mary him (suppose you're a woman, sorry I can't tell- or vise versa) you can only adjust your status if you have a visa or a permit. Marrying a citizen does not guarantee a green card.

• Jan

Only an immediate family member who is a citizen can petition for you. A friend cannot.

Dear Sir,

I Would Like to know my friend is calling to me to spend couple of week like my honey moon he is a us citizen he send me sponser letter so plz tell me how can i apply.