Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 9 years ago

Ladies, would a smart, educated, and informed girl date a guy that's...?

not as up to her level? I like this girl, and she's all 3 of these, and she's always trying to make intellectual conversations with me and her friends about current events, politics, etc. But i hate politics, and i dont always read the news, but i am not dumb, im going for my masters in environmental engineering and im aware of my surroundings.

Favorite Answer

I am working on a B.A. in quantitative economics and political science. I also enjoy discussing and analyzing current events/economics with others. I used to be president of my department's AIPAC Committee. But if I met a decent man who respected me and loved me, I would love him with all my heart no matter how smart he was :)

Dude, I have a doctorate degree and am a medical professional, so I'm pretty damn smart. But you know what, I HATE politics too and don't talk about it EVER. So if I was with a girl that talked about all that, I wouldn't feel less than, inferior, or insecure, I would just think "wow, doesn't sound like we match too well, different interests."

She isn't better than you, she is just talking about something you aren't into. From my experience people who are really into politics are usually pretty strongly opinionated and close minded, so not a good match for me anyway. Perhaps not for you either.

It does not sound like a relationship would work out if you have no interest in her interests. You would never have fun together.

Don't think of yourself as "not up to her level". Think of her as "not on the same level" because this is what the description sounds like.

Edit: She probably asks you about things because she wants to know you better. Just answer truthfully and tell her if you don't know.

maybe not all of them, but yes, many of them do. they like the stimulating conversation because that's what they like! but it doesn't necessarily have to transfer over to their love life.

i dated a guy that had no knowledge of my field of studies and i was a lot smarter than him in most areas. the thing i liked about him was that he complemented me and took care of me in other ways, like he knew how to fix things, and was strong and smart in his own way and about his own stuff.

but i'm sure she wants a guy who can at least comment back or ask questions about the things she likes talking about. if she gets crabby about it, why don't you try to see how much she likes discussing environmental engineering? (hey.. pretty cool!)

i think she would. just make it clear up front that you don't like getting into political discussions, but if you like her, maybe just take a bit of interest in it so you can hear her out or give a small opinion.

Opposites attract.

• Candy

It kind of depends on the level, but yeah.

If you don't have same interests then what is the freaken point of having a relationship with her??!!

maybe? im sure this lady as other interests in topics that both of you enjoy