What are your thoughts on classical music?

Initially and while growing up, I mostly listened to Rock; starting with bands like Linkin Park (as they were the only Rock band my parents allowed me to listen to) and as I got older, it escalated to Bullet for my Valentine, and other screamo type music. Before that started, I used to like rap, such as Eminem and 50 cent.. but that was short lived. In the last year or so, I've completely lost interest in most, if not all Rock and all I can bare to listen to now is classical music. I think it's brilliant, be it Vivaldi or Rachmaninov, a concerto or a an orchestral suite... I love it all. I'm 19 years old and my girlfriend thinks it's weird, and my friends show no interest in it either. I saw a video on YouTube with a brilliant concerto from Beethoven as the background music and everyone was complaining about the music in the comments.

tl;dr and the closing question:

Targeting the general public, namely people the age of 14-25~, what are your thoughts on classical music?

Favorite Answer

I am 15 years old, and I love all types of music. Limiting yourself so just a select few is ridiculous. It seems you got just tired of screamo or rap or whatever, and went for the very opposite. Classical music is definitely on my top 3. First is crunk/scene, second is quiet acoustic/contemporary, and third is classical. I especially love listening to French accordion & circus type music in a classic style. I play piano, all of my songs being masterpieces by Mozart or Pachelbell, and other classics as well. Absolutely no "hip" songs or anything of the sort. Classical music is all I spend my time learning on piano.

I think classical music is absolutely beautiful. Although I'll admit I'm probably into the more modern classical composers such as Hans Zimmer and John Williams.

I love classical music. Vivaldi, Paganini, Bach (probably my favorite), Tchaikovsky, Chopin, etc.. The songs are just lovely, more complex. Even simple classical pieces are nice. Neo-classical is pretty terrific, too. Well, at least to me.

I LOVE classical music! It's my favorite genre of music. I love all music but classical touches me like no other genre. I'm 25 just an FYI! :)

i admire the ability of classical composers

i wish i could apply classical style to my guitar playing

• Lv 6

I honestly love classical music.

Alot of people these days cant appreciate it for what it really is & how much quality is put into it.

Its truley is brilliant.

Its okay, Im not going to "pretend" to like it so I seem deep and complex, I personally enjoy Itzhak Perlman