? asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

How many people think the confederate flag represents racism?

I do. I have seen racist people use it.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

I don't know what it represents, but I don't fly it. I don't fly the 1860 Union battle flag either. I fly the modern, 50 stars and 13 stripes flag. Every day.

• 9 years ago

I don't because the Confederate flag is no more racist than the American flag that flew during the same exact time period.

You just want to see racism. That makes you a racist.

• Ella
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

It was the flag of the south.

It was no different than the Union Flag.

It just showed which side they were on.

Is a mule for Democrats any more racist than the elephant for the Republicans?

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I sure don't. To me it's a regional symbol and a sign of rebellion. Kid Rock, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and Ted Nugent use it, none of them are racist. Kid Rock and Nugent both now or at one time have employed black musicians in the band.

I've been at a motorcycle rally where a black biker was basically dressed in the rebel flag from head to toe.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

In and of itself, no..but too many people have used it for that purpose and therefore will always have a tarnished image.

Like a swastika, it's origins are not anti-semetic, the Nazi party destroyed that cross.

The ku klux klan and the likes of white supremacists have destroyed the stars and bars.

• 9 years ago

Of course it does. It's the flag of the people who were willing to kill to protect their own ability to buy, sell and trade other human beings like cattle.

• M O
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

It represents a concept. A concept that supports treason, racism, literal plantation style serfdom, and generally being backwards. Any one who wants to fly the flag of that has problems.

• 9 years ago

i do because i know someone who is a big, big time racist and he flys it for sure.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I think that it can for some people... people have personal associations to many things...

• 9 years ago

I do and its disgustingly ignorant.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.