Luke 11:13 American Standard says that Holy Spirit will be given to those that ask for it?

Luke 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall [your] heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him? (ASV)

(Luke 11:13) Therefore, if YOU, although being wicked, know how to give good gifts to YOUR children, how much more so will the Father in heaven give holy spirit to those asking him!”(NWT)

Now there is over 7 billion people on the surface of this earth if all take Jesus' advice and ask for Holy Spirit and Holy Spirit is 1/3rd of a godhead, a pagan teaching how can this be?

Now if Holy Spirit is the power of God, what the Bible teaches, Luke 11:13 would make sense.

Christendom is loosing an alarming amount of its followers, wouldn't it stand to reason why is because it is full of false teachings the trinity being one and people are wising up and getting out of this empire of false religion called Babylon the great according to Rev 18:4?

@Angel opinions don't count-use scriptural proof for God's word is alive and removes strongly entrenched things.

@bluepeahen Where's your proof-put up or??

@Star "yes" and I have received, God's word does not lie, ask and you will receive, the difference is I know of what I was asking so my request was in spirit and truth and I was answered in same.

@ Elijah a very exultant answer, I have found that most that believe that the Holy Spirit is a person can't prove it and just use their opinions because this is what they have been told and their faith is on a foundation of sand & the winds of truth demolish their opinions as fast as they arise.

@shawn10538 you have been smoking too much Salvia Divinoruim at your religious rituals it has clouded your reasoning abilities for one that councils would never make such a statement.

@Jim W Father,Son&Holy Spirit=Trinity a 3in1 godhead, at Romans 8:9 However, YOU are in harmony, not with the flesh, but with the spirit, if God’s spirit truly dwells in YOU. But if anyone does not have Christ’s spirit, this one does not belong to him.

@by Israel-1 your link advises me that there can be things that may harm my computer so no see. I did look at some of your answers & you say that since Jesus manifested Jehovah in the flesh that makes him God the Father when manifest means: Outline of Biblical Usage ) to make manifest or visible or known what has been hidden or unknown, to manifest, whether by words, or deeds, or in any other way, make actual and visible, realised, to make known by teaching, to become manifest, be made known

This is what Jesus did for even the names Jesus Christ means Jehovah's Salvation. Hebrews 1:1-13;Col 1:13-19 are verses that explain just how views his only begotten Son the firstborn(only one created by God) of all creation.

Jesus made known(manifested) his heavenly Father Jehovah while being in the flesh as a man, to say this proves that God ever become flesh is stretching & misleading.

• Elijah
    Favorite Answer

In fact, the examples in the Bible where God gave His Holy Spirit is powerful evidence that the Holy Spirit is not a person. When God did this, He is mentioned to have *literally* POURED OUT from his Spirit.

When God poured Holy Spirit from his Holy Spirit as described in Acts 2:17, 18, it means he poured out a PORTION of his Holy Spirit, as rendered in the very trinitarian translations of the New American Bible (1970 and 1991 editions ), the New English Bible, and the Revised English Bible. (It is similar to our pouring out some wine from our wine.) So God poured out *some* of his spirit here, some of it there, but certainly he still kept an infinite supply.

Also see Numbers 11:17, 25. The literal "from the Spirit" here in the inspired Hebrew Bible language (see the trinitarian The NIV Interlinear Hebrew-English Old Testament, Zondervan Publ.) also means "a portion" of God's Spirit was taken from one person and given to others. See these trinitarian translations of Num. 11:17, 25: RSV, NEB, GNB, AT, NAB, JB, NRSV, REB, NJB, Mo, and Byington. Spirit, then, is a thing that may be poured out in portions - you simply do not pour out persons in measured portions upon other persons!

------------------------------------

In the Old Testament, it is clear that the inspired Bible writers intended holy spirit (ruah or ruach in Hebrew) to be understood as an invisible, powerful force from God. Even many trinitarian scholars will admit that.

For example: "On the whole, the New Testament, like the Old, speaks of the Spirit as a divine energy or power." - A Catholic Dictionary.

An Encyclopedia of Religion agrees:

"In the New Testament there is no direct suggestion of the Trinity. The Spirit is conceived as an *IMPERSONAL* POWER by which God effects his will through Christ." - p. 344, Virgilius Ferm, 1945 ed.

(For more, references, see: "Quotes - Holy Spirit is a Force from God, Trinitarians Admit")

http://searchforbibletruths.blogspot.com/2010/02/q...

• Jim W

The presumption that the Holy Spirit is only 1/3 of the God head is false. Hie is fully God, and there is only one God. You want God to make sense in your human understanding, and He will not. He has told you that in the Bible. (Isaiah 55)

It sounds as if you asked for the Holy Spirit either without expecting Him to indwell you or without wanting to listen to Him. Why would any sane person do that?

"Christendom is loosing an alarming amount of its followers, wouldn't it stand to reason why is because it is full of false teachings the trinity being one and people are wising up and getting out of this empire of false religion called Babylon the great according to Rev 18:4?" The reason that people leave Christianity is that they prefer their previous lifestyle to the teachings of Jesus. It happened when He went to the cross, too. How many of the thousands He fed were at the cross?

The Holy Spirit of God indwells His people. Very soon we will all be gone at the rapture. I am guessing there are at least 2 billion Christians world wide. That would take the population down to 5 billion and 2/3 or those will be killed during the 7 years of tribulation before Christ's return to earth. You need to be thinking about which number you want to be in.

http://www.armageddonangelsufos.com

• Star

Have you ever asked for Holy Spirit?

Jesus says :.....Righteous Father (Jehovah), the world has, indeed, not come to know you; but I have come to know you, and these have come to know that you sent me forth. 26 And I have made your name known to them and will make it known, in order that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in union with them.” (John 17:25-26)

John 17:25 O righteous Father, the world has not known thee, but I have known thee; and these know that thou hast sent me. 26 I made known to them thy name, and I will make it known, that the love with which thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them."(RSV)

Then God said once more to Moses: “This is what you are to say to the sons of Israel, ‘Jehovah the God of YOUR forefathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob, has sent me to YOU.’ This is my name to time indefinite, and this is the memorial of me to generation after generation. (Exodus 3:15)

Exodus 3:15 God also said to Moses, "Say this to the people of Israel, 'The LORD, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you': this is my name for ever, and thus I am to be remembered throughout all generations(RSV)

Exodus 3:15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, Jehovah, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.(American Standard)

Luke 1:41 And it came to pass, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.(American Standard)

(Luke 1:41) Well, as Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the infant in her womb leaped; and Elizabeth was filled with holy spirit,(New World Translation)

Heb 1:4-5 4 having become by so much better than the angels, as he hath inherited a more excellent name than they. 5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, This day have I begotten thee? and again, I will be to him a Father, And he shall be to me a Son?

1 Corinthians 15:28 And when all things have been subjected unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subjected to him that did subject all things unto him, that God may be all in all.(American Standard Version)

Here we have all 3 of what is known as the Trinity a pagan belief that was worshiped some 2000 yrs before Christ. As anyone can plainly c these 3 are different, the Father is Jehovah, Jehovah's Son is Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit is a force, a power that can be given and poured out & is not a person as the pagan belief of the Trinity states.

The Holy Bible also says (in Revelations) that 2/3 of the worlds population will be killed.

Christians will be raptured, that leaves the rest of you.