Do you think this accurately describes most atheists?

This is a quote from an ex-athiest. "I was an atheist at one time. And like many atheists, the issue of people believing in God bothered me greatly. What is it about atheists that we would spend so much time, attention, and energy refuting something that we don't believe even exists?! What causes us to... show more This is a quote from an ex-athiest.

"I was an atheist at one time. And like many atheists, the issue of people believing in God bothered me greatly. What is it about atheists that we would spend so much time, attention, and energy refuting something that we don't believe even exists?! What causes us to do that? When I was an atheist, I attributed my intentions as caring for those poor, delusional people...to help them realize their hope was completely ill-founded. To be honest, I also had another motive. As I challenged those who believed in God, I was deeply curious to see if they could convince me otherwise. Part of my quest was to become free from the question of God. If I could conclusively prove to believers that they were wrong, then the issue is off the table, and I would be free to go about my life"~Marilyn Adamson

She goes on to say: "I didn't realize that the reason the topic of God weighed so heavily on my mind, was because God was pressing the issue"...and goes on from there
Update: This coincides with what I have noticed from most atheists. They seem fascinated with talking about God and how he doesnt exist. Thankfully many an atheist (as that woman did) come to realize the truth of Christ before its too late for them.
Update 2: Brokeneye- Where did I say I got this quote from someone on here? I did not