Can my printer be used with my NEW computer?

The computer hook up is smaller than my old computer.

Is it possible to get an adapter to connect the two?

Favorite Answer

sounds like your old computer was parallel (a fat plug about 3 inches long) and your new one is USB (a tiny plus about 1/2 inch long. Check the back of the printer for another hole for a plug that looks a little like a tiny square with one rounded side. If it has it, you can use a USB printer cable, whcih is a standard cable you can buy at dollar stores. If not, there are adapter cables from parallel to USB but it would probably be a waste of money. Chances are your ancient printer wont have a driver to work with the newer operating system of your computer. The good news is you can get a newer and better printer for about $70.

That depends on how old your printer is. Can you describe the connection the printer uses? What shape is it, how many pins, etc? Make and model of the printer also wouldn't hurt.