Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 10 years ago

What will be your guess as to the final determination of mystery missile reported off the southern Cal. coast?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11721981

BBC News - Mystery missile launch reported off California coast

Update:

WHOEVER GUESSED CORRECTLY ACCORDING TO THESE NEW DEVELOPMENTS WINS THE VOTE:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20101110/od_y...

Experts think California ‘mystery missile’ was merely a plane | The Upshot Yahoo! News

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Felix
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

they needed to make something up..

• 10 years ago

People keep saying it's a missile launch, but with zero evidence.

It's a plane. There is an optical illusion however ... the plane is actually moving toward the California coastline, not away from it. When you first look at the video or picture, it appears as a possible launch from the sea level out in the ocean, and the supposed launch vehicle heading away.

The white part of the trail in the video is the actual contrail of the jets engines which are typically a white color due to the fact they are ice crystals. The darker band is the shadow cast by the contrail which happens frequently depending on where the sun is, but both the white contrail and shadow adjacent makes it appear like a rocket plume.

There are a number of verified jet engine contrails which look just like the video; high winds cause the trail to expand and of course this occurred over several hundred miles as the jet came over the horizon and headed east.

• 10 years ago

If it was a plane, then our radar would of painted it and there should be a transponder code to the plane right? So why haven't they announced something that simple to explain? Or prob the Chinese sending a message to our gov, not to go with the QE2 currency war about to start screwing china, saying they can fire on us anytime they want with their new subs. And right when Obama was in South Korea too.

• 10 years ago

That was no jet. My mom saw the exact same thing Monday, but she lives in Hammond, Louisiana. There is no way she saw a Jet in California. I think the gov. needs to quit 'trying' to cover it up with this jet crap. That was a missile. I don't know who its from or where it went but THAT was a missile.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Cathy
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

I'm in Los Angeles. Been here for half a century in fact. We used to see those types of events in the sky and were told it was rockets being tested by aerospace companies when I was a kid.

I think whoever is sending those off - the information is not being made available to the public. You know, we have Edwards Air Force Base and the Stealth, etc. up here ... people that live never there which is Antelope Valley will get unexplained aircraft going over and if they call about it they get "...no, we have nothing going on here...we're just building toasters...don't know what you're talking about..."

Good luck.

• 10 years ago

since it went west and appeared to be a cruise missle and the feds are silent, would say malfunction

• Qman
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

Weather balloon lol.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

THAT MISSILE WAS HEADING TOWARD INDONESIA WHERE THE PRESIDENT IS.

A COUP HAVE FAILED,SO DOES THE MISSILE.

• 10 years ago

shooting down a sattelite.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.