Friends are receiving e-mails from me that I have not sent. What can I do?

The e-mails that are being sent out have a link to a Canadian Drug Company.

Favorite Answer

Change your password immediately. Make it a STRONG one with letters, CAPS, numbers and symbols.

Always remember to SIGN OUT of your account whenever you leave, no matter if your computer is public or not. Make sure your wireless has a good password, that you have antivirus running at all times and don't leave your computer running idle and logged on - people can tap you that way.

Well it could be that someone has hacked your e-mail you should maybe change your password. unless you have a G-mail or Yahoo I suggest you quickly change your E-mail before this person whoever is hacking your E-mail deletes it. unless you know anyone who has seen your e-mail password or if you gave it out?!

hope this helps!!!

Your using hotmail correct?

Had the same problem myself with people telling me hotmail kept sending those Canadian emails by itself.

I deleted my hotmail email account and made one on Yahoo. Haven't had a problem since.

I wouldn't suggest leaving it like it is, as it sends daily emails to everyone. So its best to solve this problem as quickly as possible.

Source(s): Personal Experience

you are going to have to change or reset your password, so that whoever is hacking into your email account, won't know how to get back in.

It's a bad virus. Run a virus check, and back up your files.