When the Drill SGT asks "What is an M16?"?

I know what an M16 is, but my wife's uncle told me that if I want to get on the Drill SGT's "good side" I should tell him this when he asks that question.

"It is a lightweight, gas operated, air cooled, magazine fed, primary shoulder fed weapon. Hooah!"

Is that a good idea? Or is he setting me up for something?

Favorite Answer

No matter what you call it, you will be wrong. That is the object of boot camp. The answer the guy gave you sounds very much like the one I remember from boot camp. But don't be a douche bag and give him that answer. Call it a "gun" or something stupid like that. He will yell at you,and embarrass you to no end. However, he will also tell you how he wants you to describe an M16. THAT is what you rem,ember, and give back the next time he asks. DIs don't like smart as kids who have "rehearsed" the right answers to give to get brown nose points.

It's a ditty, they're going to teach it for you before they ask it. so for instance in Marine Corps boot camp a Drill Instructor would say "characteristics of an M16A2 Service rifle" Recruits: "Sir, Characteristics of an M16A2 service rifle are, Keyword LMGAS: L-Lightweight M-Magazine Fed G-Gas Operated A-Air Cooled S-Shoulder fired weapon capable of firing semi-automatic or 3 round burst sir!"

I assume you're going to Army boot camp but its the same principle. They shouldn't randomly ask you a question without first teaching you. Also, you can't really get on their good side, they just notice you more and that's usually not a good thing.

No, I relatively have not seen it yet, yet i admire those humorous advertisements. i don't be conscious of what a "Jack Wagon" is. concept I had heard most of the words those Drill Sergeants used. i assume this is a wagon pulled by using a donkey or jackass. it might the two be healing or deliver you to the humorous farm.

• Rufus

A drill Sgt is Army and the Army doesn't use M-16's, they use M-4's. So, you probably wouldn't be asked this by a drill Sgt.

You should also give the Drill Sgt's massages with "Happy endings". YEAH BABY!

There's a "good side" to a drill sgt haha you should try it

Go for it. Post footage on youtube. "Hooah!"

• Bill S

The correct answer is...

"It's my weapon, sir!"

It's is not a gun. It's is not a rifle. It is your weapon.

yeah its a good idea.

Source(s): 4 years of military school