Christians, the Army used the slogan "Army of One", what does that mean to you?

(John 10:30) I and my Father are one.

John 1:18

18No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Exodus 33:20

But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live."

1 John 4:12

12No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

John 20:17 "Jesus saith unto her, 'Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, l ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God."

Joh n 14:28 - Jesus says, "The Father is greater than I.

What is the proper meaning, Christians, and all others too?

This question totally went over your heads, christians.

Favorite Answer

>> the Army used the slogan "Army of One", what does that mean

It means that, though the United States Army is made up of many, many individuals, the US Army is united as a whole in one will, one purpose, one plan, and one goal -- which is, the protection of these United States and its interests against all foes both foreign and domestic.

The same holds true of our God. Though the Godhead is made up of Three Individuals, the Godhead is United as a Whole in One Will, One Purpose, One Plan, and One Goal -- which is the redemption and restoration of Man to the Kingdom of God. Of course, only those who truly desire to be a part of God's Kingdom will actually take part in that Plan. But, it is the United Desire of the Godhead that *ALL* of Mankind would avail themselves of the offered Lamb of God.

God bless.

• ?

Many who believe the Trinity admit that they are not able to explain this teaching. Still, they may feel that it is taught in the Bible. It is worth noting that the word “Trinity” never occurs in the Bible. But is the idea of a Trinity found there? To answer this question, let us look at a scripture that supporters often cite to uphold the Trinity.

“THE WORD WAS GOD”

John 1:1 states: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” (King James Version) Later in the same chapter, the apostle John clearly shows that “the Word” is Jesus. (John 1:14) Since the Word is called God, however, some conclude that the Son and the Father must be part of the same God.

Bear in mind that this part of the Bible was originally written in Greek. Later, translators rendered the Greek text into other languages. A number of Bible translators, though, did not use the phrase “the Word was God.” Why not? Based on their knowledge of Biblical Greek, those translators concluded that the phrase “the Word was God” should be translated differently. How? Here are a few examples: “The Logos [Word] was divine.” (A New Translation of the Bible) “The Word was a god.” (The New Testament in an Improved Version) “The Word was with God and shared his nature.” (The Translator’s New Testament) According to these translations, the Word is not God himself.* Instead, because of his high position among Jehovah’s creatures, the Word is referred to as “a god.” Here the term “god” means “mighty one.”

GET MORE FACTS

Most people do not know Biblical Greek. So how can you know what the apostle John really meant? Think of this example: A schoolteacher explains a subject to his students. Afterward, the students differ on how to understand the explanation. How can the students resolve the matter? They could ask the teacher for more information. No doubt, learning additional facts would help them to understand the subject better. Similarly, to grasp the meaning of John 1:1, you can look in the Gospel of John for more information on Jesus’ position. Learning additional facts on this subject will help you to draw the right conclusion.

For instance, consider what John further writes in chapter 1, verse 18: “No man has seen [Almighty] God at any time.” However, humans have seen Jesus, the Son, for John says: “The Word [Jesus] was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory.” (John 1:14, KJ) How, then, could the Son be part of Almighty God? John also states that the Word was “with God.” But how can an individual be with someone and at the same time be that person? Moreover, as recorded at John 17:3, Jesus makes a clear distinction between himself and his heavenly Father. He calls his Father “the only true God.” And toward the end of his Gospel, John sums up matters by saying: “These have been written down that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ the Son of God.” (John 20:31) Notice that Jesus is called, not God, but the Son of God. This additional information provided in the Gospel of John shows how John 1:1 should be understood. Jesus, the Word, is “a god” in the sense that he has a high position but is not the same as Almighty God.

CONFIRM THE FACTS

Think again about the example of the schoolteacher and the students. Imagine that some still have doubts, even after listening to the teacher’s additional explanation. What could they do? They could turn to another teacher for further information on the same subject. If the second teacher confirms the explanation of the first one, the doubts of most students may be put to rest. Similarly, if you are not sure what the Bible writer John was really saying about the relationship between Jesus and Almighty God, you could turn to another Bible writer for further information. Consider what was written by Matthew, for example. Regarding the end of this system of things, he quotes Jesus as saying: “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.” (Matthew 24:36) How do these words confirm that Jesus is not Almighty God?

Jesus says that the Father knows more than the Son does. If Jesus were part of Almighty God, however, he would know the same facts as his Father. So, then, the Son and the Father cannot be equal. Yet, some will say: ‘Jesus had two natures. Here he speaks as a man.’ But even if that were so, what about the holy spirit? If it is part of the same God as the Father, why does Jesus not say that it knows what the Father knows?

As you continue your Bible studies, you will become familiar with many more Bible passages that have a bearing on this subject. They confirm the truth about the Father, the Son, and the holy spirit.—Psalm 90:2; Acts 7:55; Colossians 1:15.

• MLJ

Army of One.........maybe that we are all of the same thought regarding a mission or a belief.

Army of One........maybe an army of one under God.

As to the rest of the things you wrote, I really don't understand what your trying to get at.

Army of the God Yahweh.

Army of One was a very poorly thought out slogan. It was so short lived because people did not understand it.

It means Jesus is Lord and I am the greatest Christian. Praise Jesus!

• John 14:15-21--“If YOU love me, YOU will observe my commandments; 16) and I will request the Father and he will give YOU another helper to be with YOU forever, 17) the spirit of the truth, which the world cannot receive, because it neither beholds it nor knows it. YOU know it, because it remains with YOU and is in YOU. 18) I shall not leave YOU bereaved. I am coming to YOU. 19) A little longer and the world will behold me no more, but YOU will behold me, because I live and YOU will live. 20) In that day YOU will know that I am in union with my Father and YOU are in union with me and I am in union with YOU. 21) He that has my commandments and observes them, that one is he who loves me. In turn he that loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will plainly show myself to him.”

John 17:20-23--“I make request, not concerning these only, but also concerning those putting faith in me through their word; 21) in order that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in union with me and I am in union with you, that they also may be in union with us, in order that the world may believe that you sent me forth. 22) Also, I have given them the glory that you have given me, in order that they may be one just as we are one. 23) I in union with them and you in union with me, in order that they may be perfected into one, that the world may have the knowledge that you sent me forth and that you loved them just as you loved me.

Through these scriptures posted above, we find Jesus also saying that His disciples are also in union with Jesus, and by extension in union with God. Is that saying that we also are God? Of course not. Rather, it is saying that we are in union with Jesus in terms of goals--the vindication of God's name and right to lead, and the establishment of His Kingdom. That is God's goal, that is Jesus' goal, it is our goal. We are not all the same person, and we sure as anything aren't all God.

But we are in union with God just as Jesus is in union with God, by the fact that we all want the same goals.

Jesus is not God, and never claimed to be. Rather, He claimed to be of the same mindset as God, wanting the same goals. He also has acknowledged that in His followers. If we have seen how Jesus behaves, how He thinks, and how He feels about us, then we have seen how God does the same, because Jesus thinks and acts and feels just like God.

And when we imitate Jesus in love, we imitate God in the same way. And in so doing, we can hopefully say to others that if they have seen us, they have seen God. Not the physical God, but the mind, heart, and soul of God. Just as Jesus displayed those things when on Earth, we now do the same.