can i change my tongue bar after a week of getting it pierced?

i would like to change my tongue bar i only got it last tuesday....but there is no swelling or pain in my tongue so wat do ya think

Favorite Answer

Yes but you need to get your piercer to do it. They have jewelry that has a certain metal in it that you can't buy in stores. Because the piercing isn't healed yet but the swelling is down (so no more need for that long bar) but yes you can change it. Get your piercer to do it

Source(s): I am a piercing artist

No, if I were you, I'd wait at least another week. Taking out the bar you have in now and putting in a new one could cause the tongue to swell, which isn't good if you want to replace it with a shorter bar.

I don't think you should because the tongue ring is new and while the swelling have went down, it still a new thing in your mouth and you can do something by a mistake and cause swelling and when you do if the bar isn't long enough then..... that's a bad mistake waiting to happen

Never having had a tongue piercing, I'm not very familiar with em. But this sounds like a bad idea.

No other piercings are okay to change in that time, even other oral ones.

Wait another week.

Fresh piercings can close up very quickly because

the skin hasn't fully healed.

Even changing after 2 weeks if very risky.

I would honestly wait a full month.

But if you want to change it out so fast, wait another week.

It takes a full year for any piercing to fully heal.

-Be careful, make sure to clean the new barbel before putting it

in! Even if it comes brand new in a package, doesn't mean it's clean.

Soak the new barbel in rubbing alcohol for 5 minutes.

Then soak it in SEA salt with warm water for another 5.

Make sure to get actual sea salt and mix it with distilled warm water.

only save up the on a regular basis rinse with mouthwash and analgesic powders to help with the swelling. that's ultimate to attend 2 weeks, yet a minimum of provide it some extra days. i understand the starter bar is a soreness, yet provide it a minimum of an entire week in the previous you bypass twiddling with it too lots. be certain you're happy with ingesting accepted meals first. in case you're nevertheless having to stick with soup, pudding, noodles, and so on., then you certainly're actual no longer waiting yet. confirm to proceed with the mouthwash for an entire 2 weeks regardless of you do to avert an infection, and prefer I reported, the powders ought to help in case you adventure any added swelling.