promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

Is Doing the Right Thing a Popularity Contest as the Republicans Contend or as Obamacare a Moral Obligation?

Was it courageous and true manifestation of Barack leadership to pursue the national health reform plan and brushing off any polls as a parameter to push forward with health reform to help 30 millions who are uninsured out of economic necessity?.

Short paragraphs appreciated.

Links appreciated.

Update:

If you don't understand the question don't post.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Deb M
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Reforming health care in this country was both the right thing to do and a moral obligation. People do not realize how this country is being taken over by the greedy corporations. I have posted many times how the profit of the health care companies has increased from a 5 percent profit to almost 20 percent since the Clinton administration. During the Clinton administration it was proposed that the American public be allowed to participate in the insurance exchange enjoyed by the congressmen. Choosing the type of coverage that best fits your needs rather than what the employer provides...one type for all. Bob Dole, a republican, stood on the steps of the Capitol with pen in hand ranting that the American people did not deserve the same health care are congress. That was opportunity was lost....lost to the elitism of the republicans and the naive American people who believed were belittled by Dole.

Obama could have done what every president since Clinton did...which was nothing. But he chose not to...you have to admire him for putting the American people first and jeopardizing his chances of being re-elected. Obama has tried to do everything he promised...yet the republicans fight him every inch of the way. And what do the American people do? They elect MORE of the Grand Opposition Party!

The legislation that was passed is not perfect....yet scraping everything would be foolish. I had heard that once the Congress reconvenes in 2011, the House will vote to repeal the Health care bill...but the Senate will not pass it.

Please consider this the health care of the veterans is the best in this country and that statement was agreed to by a republican pundit...yet he said the American people do not deserve it. The American people have been brainwashed into thinking that anything run by the government is bad, however their health care is run solely by the government.

What does it say about a country who is more concerned about the welfare of people in foreign countries...yet turn their back on their own citizens?

Bill Clinton said during the mid-term elections...that the republicans "are playing you." He was exactly right!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

When you think about the many times that any kind of health care reform has been attempted then yes it was a very bold move, knowing what the insurance and pharmaceutical companies are capable of in terms of how much power they wield, you could almost say that it was political suicide!!!

It has brought about the ugliest and most disgusting smear campaign and scare mongering ever seen, lies and misinformation by so called god fearing right wing pundits who care about nothing but themselves and money!!!

These people say nothing about the 800+ people who die every week in this country due to no health insurance, people avoiding going to the doctors for years because they fear about the cost, 3 million bankruptcies every year due to medical debt 80% of which ARE insured!!!

These statistics would be classed as an inhuman diabolical disgrace in every other western nation, but in the brainwashed USA people just accept it, moreover they just can't grasp the thought of anything different!!!

Obama and his administration has failed in my mind in getting the message across to the people, they have underestimated the power of the crazy right wing rhetoric that has fueled all fears and mistrust, and Obama has not fought back hard enough to counter this!!!

The Republicans vowed even before any reform was placed on the table that they would oppose anything, which makes you think that they also care nothing for the people of this country!!!

But it has started, and it won't be easy to get it repealed as the Republicans have vowed to do, as each step of the bill gets implemented it will gain more and more traction with the people, and the Republicans could in fact end up with egg on their faces trying to stop it!!!

• nevius
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

ehh in elementary terms for relaxing i think.. i don't get the entire acceptance contest element i recommend there are particular consumers that i see most of the time yet that would not recommend they're extra suited than all and sundry else in this section i purely comprehend them (lots of them are contacts) is all. i wish the trolls die down because of fact there are a number of sturdy human beings on right here :) BQ: siigh.. have self assurance it or no longer the only guy precise now that I relatively have some (i repeat some) self assurance in is the guy who had the worst 365 days out of all of them final 365 days. isn't that unusual? pass Justin Speier! And Darren Oliver is impressive! it is it... the beginning rotation sucks too (Gahh Santana, Escobar Lackey!! hurry up and come back!!!!!)

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

If they went about correctly, there wouldn't have been so much objection. It was supposed to lower the cost of health care, it was supposed to keep people who are really sick from losing coverage.

Oops! The lawyers who wrote it don't understand it. Obama hadn't seen it yet, but passed it anyway.

Oops, Obama said it would deficit neutral. Instead it will cost another trillion dollars.

Obama said we'll be able to keep our present coverage. Oops, some companies are finding it too expensive to keep health insurance benefits.

Obama said you can keep you present doctors. Oops, some doctors are leaving the medical profession because of the coming nightmare of paperwork and stiffed payments.

We were told abortions and illegal aliens would not be covered. There are back-door provisions saying otherwise.

And of course, there are all the earmarks and junk having nothing to do with health care loaded onto ObamaScare.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Your health care sucks and needs to be changed. i was once at one of your hospitals and they would not help a man who was screaming i can't pee. He looked like he was in genuine pain and no one would help him because he did not have the right coverage. whatever happened to the hippocratic oath? to answer your question both are good reasons why he is reforming the health plan.

• 10 years ago

It was dumb from a democratic standpoint. What does majority rule, or best for the majority mean to you?

30 million people are only 10% of the U.S. popluation, does it make sense to screw over the other 90% (the majority) to benefit a VERY small minority? Does that make any sense to you at all?

To quote Master Po: "Sometimes one must cut off a finger to save the hand."

You are saying it makes sense to cut off the hand to save a finger.

This is how logic works.

Source(s): This commentary is from a paper I wrote posted on safe assign.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

And what exactly is moral about making healthcare less affordable for hundreds of millions of Americans? The liberal idea of morality is seriously screwed up..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.