How would you die from being stabbed in the chest/stomach area? (MOVIE)?
So, I'm making a movie! One of the characters gets stabbed. This is only a movie for school though, so I don't really know where to begin with the filming of the death. The actual stabbing takes place when it's the lights are out, so that won't be seen. (Mainly because I don't have to money or effects to make a movie like that, seeing as I'm only in grade 12 ;) )
If you were stabbed many times in the chest/stomach area:
Would blood come out of your mouth?
Would you be able to look down and your chest? (Kind of to be like "What the frig just happened?)
Would you be able to move, or look at your bloody hands?
Thanks ! :)
* look down AT your chest? *
- Diane (PFLAG)Lv 79 years agoFavorite Answer
1. If a lung was hit blood would indeed gurgle up with each breath as blood from the wound leaked into the passages of the lung... If a lung is hit there may also be a lose lung capacity as air entering the chest cavity prevents the lung/lungs from fully inflating... There is a whistling sound from the wound site with each inhalation/exhalation with this type of wound... Bubbles of blood may also appear around the wound sight as air in the chest cavity is pushed in and out of the wound with breathing...
2. Yes one can look down at a chest wound... The only injuries you mention are chest/stomach wound... Neither of which prevents a wounded person from moving their neck to look down at their chest/stomach...
3. As long as the spinal cord isn't injured someone who has been stabbed in the stomach/chest can move, lift their arms, turn their head, move their legs, etc...
- 9 years ago
I would recommend watching some movies with some good death scenes. . .Typically as long as whatever is used to stab isn't large enough to go all the way thru to say sever the spinal cord, the person will still be able to move. . .prolly have a longer death, as they'd slowly bleed to death unless an artery is hit, prolly come out the mouth, yes, if the stomach or lungs are hit, they'd cough it up. . .Source(s): Many many movies, tv shows - 24 will usually have some nice death scenes. . .any action movies. . .
- 9 years ago
If stabbed in he lungs or stomach,blood could come from the mouth and nose. Yes,a person could look at their chest if they were laying on their back,and they could look at their hands until they lost consciousness.
- evirustheslayeLv 79 years ago
well massive blood loss for the chest, which can happen quickly if the blade gets near the center(the heart) near the sides they would probably have a lot of problems breathing(the lungs) in the stomach it would take awhile, most likely blood loss or infection(theres a lot of bacteria in the intestines).
coughing up blood would be best explained by a lung injury.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- nowhereman136Lv 69 years ago
blood would come out if stabbed in the lungs or stomach, but it would be slow so dont use alot.
look up how to make fake blood online, there are literally thousands of sites that will show you how to make it look realistic and safe
- BongripperLv 69 years ago
I would think you would die from loss of blood, so yes to all your questions.
Blood would come out of you mouth if you were stabbed in the stomach, esophagus, lungs etc.
But that would cut your spine or anything so yeah you'd probably look down. (unless it was a sword maybe.)
Yeah the person should look pretty shocked and lose consciousness pretty quickly.
- enoctisLv 59 years ago
you would be able to look down. shock will have definitely kicked in, so a shivering would be noticeable. the blood would be bright red (i know, they always do it wrong in the movies).
blood would come from the mouth only if:
a) a lung/trachea was punctured (after a few moments, the victim would have a few coughs with blood).
b) the stomach was punctured and the victim vomited.