Can you buy a wacom tablet pen without the tablet?

I lost my pen a really long time ago and now I miss doing digital art. My tablet is older i bought it maybe three years ago I don't know what it would be called other than a plain old Wacom tablet. Not Bamboo or anything The pen I had didn't take batteries or anything. If I got one that was Wacom... show more I lost my pen a really long time ago and now I miss doing digital art.
My tablet is older i bought it maybe three years ago I don't know what it would be called other than a plain old Wacom tablet.
Not Bamboo or anything

The pen I had didn't take batteries or anything.
If I got one that was Wacom brand, would it work with the tablet? Or do certain pens only work with certain tablets blah blah blah...

I want to ask for a pen for my birthday... I don't want to ask for a new tablet because that's pricey and I'm asking my boyfriend for it and I do not want him to spend a lot of money.