? asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 9 years ago

Careerbuilders.com's new "Payment Processing Agent" job scam Robert Houston company name Cocoon Group Inc.?

I just got a letter from Robert Houston it states: We've reviewed your resume and I'm glad to propose you a Payment Processing Agent vacancy.

We are a large company founded and based in the USA. Cocoon Group Inc deals mainly with providing IT services to clients within the United States, while recruiting talented individuals and soliciting agencies from all around the world.

This is a part-time position with a flexible schedule. Working 2 to 3 hours a day from your home while staying in contact and receiving all your tasks online.

During the training period, you'll be paid $2,300 a month. In addition, you'll keep 8% from every money transfer processed. Total income, considering the current volume of clients, will be up to $4500 per month. After you successfully pass the training period, base salary will be increased up to $3000 per month. Furthermore, you may request extra hours or even a full-time job.

My goal is to spark your interest. In the present economy, our position offers training, support and a pay scale comparable to entry level position requiring 40 hours per week. I hope you will explore, compare, and then contact me with your questions. Please complete a form below with your updated contact information as a part of your return email.

Best Answer

It's a scam and you need to report it to careerbuilder to get the post removed. This is a typical money laundering scam and YOU will be arrested, not the perpetrators who are always overseas

http://www.kirotv.com/money/16091642/detail.html and thousands of similar stories about victims of this scam being arrested

http://www.fraudaid.com/contact/processing_scams-0...

Just think about it for a second - what company in the world would trust a complete stranger they've never met, never interviewed, never checked your references, never fingerprinted and bonded, never conducted a background check on to handle their financial transactions????

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

We are a large company founded and based in the USA. Cocoon Group Inc deals mainly with providing IT services to clients within the United States,...

Source(s): careerbuilders 39 quot payment processing agent quot job scam robert houston company cocoon group inc: https://tr.im/2lW9P

It's a scam. I just got one, too! LOL!

My name is Robert Houston. I represent a large international company which is now conducting a search for new employees!

We are looking to hire independent agents who will represent our company in different regions. Your job will be to receive and process payments from our clients.

This is a part-time position requiring 2-3 hours, on average, of your time per day. Full-time opportunities are available after the training period has been successfully passed.

We are prepared to pay $2,300+ commission for the first month (training period), and $3,000+ USD thereafter.

If you'd like to learn more about this opportunity, please send a form with your updated contact information below to: cocoon.group.emp@gmail.com and our managers will contact you as soon as possible.

---------------------F O R M _________F O R M------------------

Full name and surname:

Address: ____________________

Phone: ________________________

Preferred call time: _______________

I received something today as well, from Mr. Houston, stating my resume was viewed on HotJobs. I was actually excited. That is why I try to research all companies before responding. I'm so glad to see the feedback here and thank you all very much. I will now delete the e-mail and continue on with my search.

Source(s): Yahoo extra answers is where I found notes on this company. They stated they saw my resume thru hotjobs

100% SCAM.

All "payment processor" positions are scams.

The check that you would receive would be fake. It would bounce about 10-14 days after you deposit it. However, by that time, you have forwarded the money on. This leaves you on the hook for the bad check and possibly even facing criminal charges.

I received the same exact e-mail and replied. I gave them an old savings account with $7 in it, but have not done any processing. They sent me another e-mail to verify my info before they can start, but not planning to do so anymore.

I was skeptical but what pulled me into it is, they have a website.

Check it out "http://cocoon-groupllc.cc".

I got the same email today. Tuesday 11-9-2010. I thought this sounds stupid. Any money worth making is worth working for. IF IT SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT'S BECAUSE IT IS. DELETE THAT EMAIL!

I also received a very similar letter today (11/10/10) and also got excited. However, I to decided to research a little before responding. Glad I found you guys...thanks.

Source(s): Yahoo extra answers

Money laundering - how sweet.

Also any check you will receive will not be good.

You will be asked to wire or send money back, then even after the check clears, it will bounce.

Thank you for showing us this interesting job scam...

Oh wow! I got the same email today and it reeks the smell of a scam! I'm certainly not interested!!!!