Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

jesus doesnt know if he wants to die?

"My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" Matthew 27:46, (also note the time before crucification where Jesus prays for the "cup to passeth over me") versus "Now is my soul troubled. And what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour?’ No, for this purpose I have come to this hour" (John 12:27 RSV). Jesus can’t seem to decide whether or not he wants to die. One moment he is willing; the next he isn’t.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

First you guy's Tell us Christians that Jesus was God and therefore felt nothing? Or it's a fairy tail. This proves (1) No fairy tail) (2) That Jesus left His deity in Heaven, So as to die this horrible death in the Flesh, Not GOD!.

Thank you for your question, This should convince someone that Jesus, Lives.

At the time close to His death, The Father left Jesus all alone on the cross, to take on the sins of the world.Matt.27:46. Not having His deity. He always Prayed to the Father for strength and guidance, As we all should, every day.John 12:27. "Father Glorify your name" read the rest of the verse?

God Bless Ya,

Chicago Bob

imasinner

There is more joy in Jesus in one day.

Than there is in the World 365/24/7

I know, I tried them both.

Source(s): Da Bible!

"My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" This verse used to bother me as well. Why would God forsake His beloved Son? You know why? God is just and could wipe all us evil humans out. That's why Jesus came to "buffer" us if you will with all consuming compassion and forgivness. God the Heavenly Father could also not look at sin so He turned His eyes and presence away from Jesus who is part of Him also and was suffering. An innocent was suffering and God never wants to see the innocent suffer but He also knew this had to be because He loved us so very much. Wouldn't you (if you were God) wipe us out before allowing this to happen to you and another part of you that all good, all loving and completely pure. We cannot fully grasp this kind of love because it's not in us.

it's possible. Please let this cup to passeth over me." Yes. He was 100% God and 100% human. He knew his body would hurt and suffer. He knew He would be humiliated and mocked. He knew that he was completely innocent. He knew His Heavenly Father would rescue Him. He knew that it had to be done. That it was the only way to save us from ourselves.

Jesus said, "Father, save me from this hour?’ No, for this purpose I have come to this hour." Jesus is having a personal discussion with His Father and yes is in dilema as He knew it had to be done . He was always willing but at the same time he wasn't relishing doing this and taking on sin and suffering physicallly. Would you? I wouldn't!

Great questions. Love your quotes from scripture and a mind that is questioning.

Just because he was nervous (to the point of sweating blood) doesn't mean He wasn't willing. Obviously He was. He did what the Father wanted.

He has emptied himself of his divinity and knows not what death is, just as you or I. He has submitted his human will to that of his divine will, and as we do so when we convert and turn away from our former ways of life, we do not fully understand what we commit too and face difficulties that prayer helps with. We are willing and face difficulty doing what we will. We fear the consequences of our will and doubt our decisions.