Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 9 years ago

How long after reporting someone for benefit fraud will they get caught?

i reported someone doing benefit fraud because i think its wrong. she claims to be a single parent has a council house that is paid for she also gets benefits and her partner lives with her and he works full time as a supervisor in a warehouse about 40 hours a week. how long will it take for her to be caught, i reported them about 2 weeks ago

she pretends that she posh and tells all her mates her house is bought when really its a council house and she always has nice things. i dont think this is fair on the people that really do try to lead good lives and work for every penny thy get like me to fund my 2 children.. i work to keep them happy and she benefit frauds

and she takes things from shops instead of buying them..

actually i already am dealing with drug addicts. trying to get them off the drugs and dealers have been caught i dont believe in anything like this.. so if you have nothing nice to say say nothing at all..... the worlds is in this mess because of people like her ding benefit fraud therefore insurance and other things go up!

Favorite Answer

i reported someone about 2 months ago & I asked how long it would take & I was told that there was no time scale they could give. I think its about time people who commit benefit fraund get what they deserve! Benifits are meant to help people who are going through a hard time NOT to be a life long income!

• Lane5 years agoReport

She's a piece of crap

• nopper

Benefit Fraud Investigation Process

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

i reported someone doing benefit fraud because i think its wrong. she claims to be a single parent has a council house that is paid for she also gets benefits and her partner lives with her and he works full time as a supervisor in a warehouse about 40 hours a week. how long will it take for her to...

Source(s): long reporting benefit fraud caught: https://shortly.im/O6oN7
  • ANF

It could take time as they now need to get evidence which will be so good that there will be no chance of the person getting away with it.

Conversely, they have to investigate to be sure that your claims are correct. You could be wrong so they must tread carefully.

I know you will get some satisfaction, as I would, if they get caught and convicted.

I have done similar HMRC about a suspected tax fiddler. It is now 3 months since my report. I know that when or if he is finally caught then I will say to him that it did not pay to mess with me did it. In this way he will know that I was responsible for his conviction.

the benefits agency know their reporting a benefit thief service is open to abuse from people with grudges or who are only interested in the cash reward for a conviction, it could take anything from 3 days to 3 months for them to follow up on a report. your talking about 6 months in prison and a 10k fine if guilty so they need to check their facts first before they take any accusations seriously. if you think you have a case of reporting them then do so, any doubt in your mind then forget about it. dont phone up and tell them you think you may know of someone committing benefit fraud unless youre 100 percent sure, it could bite you back if proven the claimant wasnt committing fraud.

• The authorities need to investigate & collate evidence so give them a chance. One of my neighbours was caught for benefit fraud & the fraud investigators were able to confront her with so much evidence there was no way she could wriggle out of it. They even had photographs that had been covertly taken of her partner coming & going from the house plus the two of them out & about as a couple. I'm sure the investigators are just gathering their evidence but be aware that they won't actually inform you of any outcome.

they will have to investigate and ceck out what you told them. Might check out some things or see what is happening before they take any action. Have to build a case first. So be patient.

don't let anyone know it was you who called as people may tell. Just wait. You need to be careful not to have drugs in your house and if kids are dealing, have them empty their pockets, etc. before they come in. Don't want to lose your house.

• Ray P

I don't know the answer, but good on you for reporting them. These people are as big a criminal as anyone, they have no intention of working, why should they get away with what is theft? In our town you can tell who isn't working, they are the ones who come out of ASDA, get on their mobile phones to order a taxi to take them and their shopping and brats home, then light up a *** while they wait. I refuse to give to any charities, my contribution to charity comes out of my wages to pay for these scroungers.

• Joni

they won't get caught and unless you phoned on the anonymous line and declined to give any personal details and there will be a file on you in the councils records. very scary

What happen if someone lie about marrying a sister so he can sponsor her to Canada? And what will the immigration do with this situation?