Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

If im on the treadmill from 1 + hours a day will i lose weight?

i go on from at least an hour a day and i do walking, jogging but mostly running. im keeping a normal diet... i was wondering if i will lose weight as some people say i won't. And how long should i do this ( a few weeks etc?) before i see results

48 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

losing weight depends on burning more calories than you're taking in. so:

a) the treadmill helps, as you will burn more calories, making it easier to create a calorie deficit.

b) losing weight depends a LOT on how much you eat. if you eat 4000 calories a day, it's almost impossible to do enough exercise to lose. but if you eat 1200, you're very likely to lose.

you need to figure out what your maintenance calories are, then reduce them by about 500 calories a day to lose an average of 1 pound per week. how long you should do this depends on how much weight you're trying to lose (5 pounds would take about a month; 50 pounds would take about a year).

good luck!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

That depends on several other factors. The main 3 sleep, diet and your level of training and the length of time u have been on this program. Getting proper sleep 6- 8 hours and eating a balanced diet with real food minimal fastfood and canned products will maximizes your results.

• 9 years ago

i can tell you right now 1 hour everyday on the treadmil in a month you will notice results my mother did this for 3 months lost 30lbs so keep up the good work:)

• 9 years ago

yes you will loose weight but dont do it day in and day out its not healthy for your body. I usually do 3 days working out 1 day of rest and that works very well. a good gauge is if by the end of your run your sweating than your doing good :)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Running is not the greatest for your knees.

U r better off walking at a faster pace, high incline.

Aim for 10,000 steps per day.

2,000 steps is equal to one mile.

1200 cals per day, 20 grams of fat or less.

Cardio at least 5 times per week.

Xo.

• 4 years ago

Stop counting you re not going to be lose weight overnight Just concentrate on diet and exercise

• 3 years ago

Limit your calorie in take

• 3 years ago

take a break from blue moon belgian white a 164 calorie treat and grab a miller genuine draft which is only 64 cals

• 4 years ago

love the starbucks grande caramel frappuccino skip the whole milk and whipped cream which packs in 410 calories total and order the starbucks grande caramel frappuccino light which is only 140 calories

• 4 years ago

At a restaurant split your meal and eat only half meal and take the rest home if the quality is more

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.