Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 9 years ago

What do you think of the name Copen for a boy?

What do you think of the name Copen for a boy, pronounced COE-PEN

EDIT we got the name from copenhagen, but his mddle name would be montgomery

Favorite Answer

To the idiots who had rude comments to offer, get a life. Although the foxworthy reference was humorous. I think it is a cute, southern name. I am from TX, so I love it. Of course it is going to remind people of copenhagen, but so what, his name would not be Copen Hagen, so I don't see any harm in it. People name their kids much worse things sometimes... Copen Montgomery has a nice flow to it. My sons name will be Brandon Montgomery (my husband has a best friend who was killed in Iraq 3 years ago, so naming him after him) so I LOVE Montgomery for the middle name. Ignore what others say, if you and your partner like it, go for it! Geesh, you guys decided to start trying today and are thinking of names? You're on a roll! Good for you!

• Nina

I dont like it, sorry. Reminds me of the Car also It just doesnt sound nice as a first name to me, as a middle maybe.

Copen Montgomery flows well, but Montgomery is more of a last name and Copen too, so just in case he want to use his middle name, it will be even weirder than the first.

But its your choice.

• Like Copenhagen? I actually don't mind it. Copen Montgomery is nice.

I'd assume his parents were about twelve and thought making it up all by themselves was clever.

Terrible. Like almost everyone else has said, the first joke will be "Copenhagen" and the second one will be something along the lines of "not coping".

If you want to show how clever you are at making up names, buy a dolly. If you are naming a person, give them the best name you can think of FOR THEM. Not to show off your cleverness. No, a name with two instantly obvious lines of teasing is not the best you can do for them. Surely?

If you got your baby name from a brand of chewing tobacco, you might be a redneck.

Jeff Foxworthy would be proud of me. :)

EDIT:

By the way there is nothing wrong with being a redneck. I just thought it was funny. You can name your kid whatever you want. People hate my baby names but I really dont care.

And by the way I love Montgomery. Griffin Montgomery is on my list.

I don't like it, he will probably be called Copenhagen, when choosing a name you have to also think of the mean things kids will say to them or call them. It is sort of like naming your daughter Evion so she can forever be compared to bottled water. If you want something similar to that maybe Cowen would be a good choice.

Source(s): My opinion :)

It's not the worst name I've heard. He will get asked a million times where he got his name and that will get annoying. I like Cohen better.

I like it, but I like Cohen better

Cohen Montgomery---cute :)

brings to mind Copenhagen

• It flows well with the middle name, I like it