How to do a quality recording of Yamaha keyboard to computer?

I have a Yamaha keyboard and I would like to record from it to my computer, but I don't know the steps to do this. I can record my music onto the keyboard itself, but how to get my music onto the computer remains a mystery to me. I would love to know how to do this, with good sound quality. Can someone help me out with step by step directions to do this? Thank you.

Hi Eric:

I have a Yamaha 'portable grand'. I also have an acoustic upright piano, which I totally prefer. So far, I have just used the keyboard to take along on my gigs, so all the recording/technological details are new to me. I will try to figure out what to do based on the answers I get here.

Hi Quietharmony:

I read your response and I found it very helpful as well, thank you. I will look into the USB port connection and I wll ask at my local music shop. I have played mostly "unplugged" on acoustic pianos and have not had to record or save to my computer.

Favorite Answer

http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Converter-Music-Keyboa...

This MIDI interface cable is self-powered and connects to your computer's USB port. No need for tools or computer disassembly, it's the simplest & most convenient way to connect a keyboard or controller to a computer. Gives you the power to play songs on your keyboard or other controller, then mix and edit them on your home computer/laptop with any sequencing or recording software you have installed & play them back on the built-in synth or an any out-board synth!

Hi Michelle.

Has your keyboard itself got a usb port like mine to save your songs when you've finished them. If so, the software you will need is a program called--NCH--(Golden Records). It has everything you will ever need and it's all free, supporting Mac & Pc. Express burn for recording your songs to cd, Switch for putting your songs into different formats and Golden Records to set your initial balance. Express burn is a nifty little thing meaning you can normalize each and every song to whatever level you desire. Every other normalizer I tried will only balance the songs to an "average" level, which means some songs could still be a bit out of whack. Express burn gets it exact. If you wish, contact me direct at--fender183@hotmail.com-- please, no Facebook, and I'll send you a song so you can hear what it can do. ok, I'll let it go at that Michelle. I hope to hear from you. Cheers.

Source(s): Myself, Eric: Master Musician.

here, 100% working and wonderfull.. just download it http://moviess21.blogspot.com/2012/03/bermain-keyb...