How to do a quality recording of Yamaha keyboard to computer?

I have a Yamaha keyboard and I would like to record from it to my computer, but I don't know the steps to do this. I can record my music onto the keyboard itself, but how to get my music onto the computer remains a mystery to me. I would love to know how to do this, with good sound quality. Can someone help me... show more I have a Yamaha keyboard and I would like to record from it to my computer, but I don't know the steps to do this. I can record my music onto the keyboard itself, but how to get my music onto the computer remains a mystery to me. I would love to know how to do this, with good sound quality. Can someone help me out with step by step directions to do this? Thank you.
Update: Hi Eric:
I have a Yamaha 'portable grand'. I also have an acoustic upright piano, which I totally prefer. So far, I have just used the keyboard to take along on my gigs, so all the recording/technological details are new to me. I will try to figure out what to do based on the answers I get here.
Update 2: Hi Quietharmony:
I read your response and I found it very helpful as well, thank you. I will look into the USB port connection and I wll ask at my local music shop. I have played mostly "unplugged" on acoustic pianos and have not had to record or save to my computer.