Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Did liberals "Jump the Shark" with their "Tea Party is racist" accusations?

Florida's first black Republican congressman West says racism allegations against Tea Party by liberals didn't work

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/1...

“So I think that the -- the liberal progressives saw the strength of the grass-roots movement that we call the Tea Party which stands for 'taxed enough already' and they tried to turn against it,” Rep.-elect Allen West (R-Fla.) said Friday on "Hannity" on Fox News.

“And the number one thing that you always try to do to silence an opponent in the United States of America is to call someone a racist.”

West said that attempts to tarnish the Tea Party did not foil his campaign. “And we see that that did not work whatsoever,” he said.

“Well, I think the most important thing with our race is that we ran on honor, integrity and character,” said West.

Other minorities who beat incumbent Democrats

Congreesman Tim Scott - SC

Congressman Allen West - FL

Senator Marco Rubio - FL

Govenor Nikki Haley - NM

Govenor Brian Sandoval - NV

Congressman Bill Flores -TX

Congressman Francisco Canseco - TX

Congressman Raul Labrador - ID

Congresswoman Jaime Herrera - WA

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer
  • 9 years ago

This ties in nicely to the recent post regarding responses to questions. You have provided hard evidence that cannot be refuted yet the libs will decry these people as "not real minorities" since they do not fit into the liberal mold.

The left is led by sloganeering and talking points from which their leadership rarely wavers. That same behavior trickles down to the sheep who then parrot what they have been told. You would think that someone would awaken to this at some point but it seems that only time and maturity are the elements that effect thinking. Of course, there are those that never learn, the lifelong libs embedded in the media for instance.

• 9 years ago

Of course.

Libs always pander to minorities thinking they're too inferior to see the truth. They'll claim they're just going to change the world and do everything imaginable, all the while, they're just seeing how they can make Washington, and themselves, richer. I don't know any minorities who had it so easy under Clinton and they certainly aren't having it easy under Obama. The same with the elderly and the disabled. Jobs left under Clinton and that big ol' surplus just sat there in Washington. Sure, it was good to have, but it was created from taxing the lower/middle classes. We couldn't qualify for any assistance at all, even though we had a baby and only made $6 an hr. under Clinton.

Social Security recipients haven't had a raise in 2 years, and they won't get one next year, either. Didn't happen when Bush was in office, they got a raise very year. It wasn't much, but it was something.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

You betcha` they did , like a bi_ch wolf in heat ! I agree with your question but. ( Nikki Haley is the new Governor of SC ) ~~~ .New Mexico elects first U.S. female Hispanic governor

New Mexico elected Republican Susana Martinez as the first female Hispanic governor in U.S. history, U.S. media reported on Wednesday. In the midterm elections Tuesday, Martinez, 51, defeated Democrat Diane Denish to be elected New Mexico's first female governor, according to CNN.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

This was a not so confusing race in my state, I could not for the life of me,

understand why the libs and dems would attack West the way they did. They

all but painted him white or tried to. And it failed beyond failure. Love when

libs screw up.

• 9 years ago

It's my opinion that they jumped that shark long before the TEA party. The most recent accusations are just reruns of the same old tired lies.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

They might have jumped the gun, but they did not "jump the shark." This sort of ad hominem is WELL within the liberal play book, where as "jump the shark" refers to Happy Days [basically, someone doing something that they were not originally intended to do, thus Fonz and the shark...]

• Joey
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

That tag is been over used and abused by the racist Dems.

• rz1971
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

The race card is something libs bring out when they can't run on facts.

• 9 years ago

2 yrs and there calls have cost them political suicide.The grim ripper is watching over the Liberal party.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.