why are my eyelids swollen?

last night i slept at about 2:30 am, i sometimes rub my eyes, eyelashes sometimes get lost in my eye. the other day i woke up with a slightly swollen eyelid (right eyelid to be specific) , no big deal. today, i woke up and my eyelid was much more puffy than the day before. and now when i blink it causes a slight puncturing pain to my eyeball. please help? why is my eyelids swollen? what caused it?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

pink eye?

seriously go to a doctor.

it could be contagious.

• 4 years ago

Eye problerms should always be promptly checked by an ophthalmologist. Chances are, though, that it's a stye or minor eye infection. Something like Gentamicin (a prescribed eye antibiotic) should clear it up. Until you do see an eye doctor, apply warm compresses two or three times a day. Don't use any over-the-counter remedies until you get an OK from a doctor. (OTC remedies can sometimes hide or distort the underlying problem and can make diagnosis or treatment difficult.)

• msmag
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

try washing your eyes with 50% baby shampoo 50% water for today if it's not better by tomorrow you need to see your doctor it could be conjunctivitis and it very contagious, and if your not careful you can get sores on your eyes that a very hard to clear up. I sure hope you feel better.

• 9 years ago

maybe a spider lowered itself from the ceiling and drank

from your tears

or

it could just be a simple allergy to

dust or dust mites on your pillow

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Its probably because you have a boil in your eye. That happens if you actually do.

Source(s): I've experienced that before and that's what my mum told me.
  • 9 years ago

Could be allergies or something irritating your eyes.

• 9 years ago

Heard of a doctor ?

Try seeing one.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

try popping by the clinic

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.