Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

How can I convince my girlfriend that I have a promising career ahead of me as street corner maker of?

balloon animals? The tips have been pretty good and I am self employed. This is one way to make inflation work for me.

• Regwah
    Favorite Answer

Tell her all the stories of balloon salesman being losers are over inflated.

You can't if she has a reasonable amount of intelligence. Tell her how you are putting money in your 401(k) account, and how much your pension will be, and about all of the health coverage you have as a balloon animal maker. Oh - and don't forget about Social Security that is, if it is still around to pay you a stipend. That may be next to impossible since you are not reporting your income to the IRS and thus paying your fair share of income taxes.

Quickest way is to buy her lunch, even if it is fast food, and tell her in the middle of the meal that you are paying for this out of your "inflation" money you earned with___sales.(number of balloon sold.)

You are the kind of people this country needs. You are not alone. I have seen this same thing years ago and they did rather well.

I would not recommend this as your life's work. It could be Gone With the Wind. ;-)

Source(s): I do a lot of counseling in school, Marriage Preparation, Marriage and Family Therapy.

You lost me at "street corner." Sure, you'll always be able to generate some tax-free cash from the tourists, and if doing this makes you happy, you should do it. But this isn't a career, and it won't provide any kind of stability for the future.

If your girlfriend doesn't like it, though, I say get a new girlfriend and let her do her gold-digging elsewhere.

Source(s): You should really watch this documentary about balloon artists, by the way: http://twistedballoondoc.com/
  • xRoman

umad