dogluver asked in HealthOther - Health · 10 years ago

Tips for after throwing up?

I threw up about 30 minutes ago. I still feel sick to my stomach. I'm not sure if it was food poisoning or the stomach flu, but how can I make myself feel better?? I already took some tums, should I drink water? I really don't want to but I feel dehydrated. Any tips please!

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The best thing is sleep, but it's hard to sleep when you feel like crap. After you throw up you usually feel better for a few minutes. Make yourself throw up, and then try and go to sleep immediately. Hopefully you'll be better when you wake up.

Idoubt it's food poisoning.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Tips For Throwing Up

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

It takes practice until you feel when it is right for you. But the technique is as follows > The first to remember is - the power of your punch comes from YOUR FEET not your arm. The second thing is - a relaxed arm is more powerful than a tense arm. That does not mean a limp arm, just do not tense up keep the arm in control as you throw the fist into the target. Your lead arm/hand should be your weakest hence the normal stance (orthodox) is left hand in front, left foot forward, right hand close to your chin. Your back up is your right hand because that should be the most powerful So if you work on your weak punch i/e heavy bag this will become a powerful jab and you also know you have an even more powerful follow up right hand punch, this gives you confidence. The main thing is to jab with your weaker punch til you find an opening then you must anchor your left foot a you throw the powerful right pushing off your right foot - heel lifts off floor. Then wack that punch on target. the chin is the most vital place to hit. Immediately you have hit with your right you must jab and jab til you get your defence up.

• 10 years ago

Do not try to eat anything until you feel the vomiting has ceased.

When you do feel capable of eating, begin with clear liquids, such as water or bouillon. Begin by sipping a little at a time, waiting about ten minutes between sips. Gradually increase the amount you drink, and if you are able to tolerate it and have not vomited again after one or two hours, consume other clear liquids. Clear carbonated beverages, fruit juice, sport drinks, tea, and Popsicles™ are good choices.

Once clear liquids are tolerated, begin adding other foods back into your diet. Select the same type of foods suggested for controlling nausea and eat small amounts frequently instead of large amounts at one time.

If vomiting ceases after following the preceding tips, you should be able to resume your regular diet.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Definitely keep hydrated. Vomiting can cause you to lose important electrolytes that you need to stay hydrated. So yes drink water, or a gatorade that is as colorless as possible. So if you or a friend or someone can pick you up some of the clear gatorades or sprite those should help settle your stomach and keep you hydrated. Try eating some saltine crackers too to settle your stomach.

• 5 years ago

Try not to eat any junk food or anything heavy or food untill you feel better than go slow and drink small amounts of water. Sometimes its good to not take medicine after you throw up because it can mess with your stomach and make it worse or you ll puke again.

Source(s): Things I do
  • 10 years ago

The best thing to do is rest, this will help your body to calm down and regain your 'normal self again.

Also get some fresh air or take a walk.

Also try eating hard candy/lollies such as mints, fruit, custard, jelly or ice cream.

If you feel like vomiting you most likely will again. It will rid your body of germs and unwanted bacteria. It will also make you feel better.

Hope this helps :)

• ☮♥
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

Try to not eat any food for today.

Just stick to drinking tons of liquids to keep yourself hydrated.

You can eat crackers, like Ritz, and drink Gatorade or 7up. That will help you feel better.. & Tomorrow, if you aren't throwing up anymore you should stick to eating soup. Do this for the next two days until you feel all better.

• Tim
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

Yes, drink water. You lost water throwing up, so you should rehydrate yourself. Also, wash your mouth out with water. When you throw up stomach acid comes in contact with your teeth and tongue. The acid is harmful to your teeth, and leaves bacteria on your tongue, resulting in horrible breath.

Eat a light food too if you're hungry. Yogurt, bread, etc.

• 10 years ago

Stomach Flu is a term used to describe Gastroenteritis that is inflammation of the stomach and intestinal linings. This condition usually occurs after eating or drinking contaminated food or drink. Pain pills like Aleve, Advil, Aspirin can affect the stomach and intestinal linings causing nausea and vomiting. Vomiting depletes your body of digestive enzymes, stomach acid, fluid like water, and other necessary ingredients in your digestion tract. You need to hydrate yourself slowly to return the fluids lost by vomiting. Acid-reducers like TUMBS and products named Prilosec, Pepcid, Prevacid, Zantac are OTC medicines that were once available with prescription. You can use these medicines to temporarily bring relief from stomach-acid reducers. It appears your stomach condition still exists, and you may need to visit your doctor should the acid conditions in your stomach continue.

Harrald

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.