Charlie asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

If I were running for President?

If I were running would you vote for me based on my views below. I have asked it before but at different times to get a full feedback from users. If you have seen this question before then sorry, im just trying to get feedback. It is very interesting to me.

Abortion-

Although I do not believe life begins at conception I do believe that abortion should be illegal except in the case of rape, incest because its purpose it too eventually become life.

Affirmative Action-

It needs to be ended now. It no longer serves a purpose and those with the best ability should be the ones hired.

Death Penalty-

I support the death penalty.

Economy-

I support very few government regulations. I believe free market is best for the economy.

Education-

We need education reform and I support School vouchers because I believe it allows parents to have more options for their child.

Embryonic Stem Cell Research-

I support this for the greater good of mankind.

Energy-

I believe we need to start looking at alternative energy but at the same time I believe that our resources we use at the moment do not need to be replaced asap.

Euthanasia and Physician-assisted suicide-

I believe it is immoral.

Global Warming-

Scientist have proven that our climate goes up and down. Every few thousand years the Earth does heat up so I do not believe in Global Warming.

Gun Control-

We have a right to bear arms and it is unconstitutional to take that away.

Health Care-

We need to reform Medicare/Medicaid as well as set laws and regulations towards the way insurance companies treat their customers instead of creating a government run health care system.

Immigration-

We need to secure our borders. I support legal immigration but not illegal immigration and actions need to be taken to stop it.

Religion and Government-

We need to separate them. I am Christian but I believe religion has no place in government.

Social Security-

Well it is in peril so it either needs major reform or needs to be privatized.

Taxes-

We need to reform taxes. We need to have less tax on lower income and more tax on higher income. We need to make sure our taxes are covering the budget but at the same time recognize high taxes may hinder the free market.

United Nations-

It has shown it wants to be controlling and the United States should try to stop letting it get so involved in our national matters.

War on Terror-

I believe the best way to win is to simply come home, secure our borders, and start fixing our economy to show we are strong.

Welfare-

No long term welfare, the purpose should be to help people get back on their feet not to let them steal from tax payer dollars.

Gay Rights-

I support civil unions and equal rights although not gay marriage as the title of marriage is reserved for a man and a woman.

Cptainamer, which issues would you want me to compromise on?

Favorite Answer

Nope.

Here is where I disagree

1- Back alley abortions would just happen again with banned abortions.

2- We need Affirmative Action to be for the poor in this country, not for rich white women, rich blacks, rich Latinos, and rich Asians.

3- I will only support State sponsored death if when the state gets it wrong the DA, Judge, jury, and law enforcement on the case get death when someone is wrongly executed.

4- It is time to get off Oil now, they have the technology already but people are conned into thinking it is not possible because of crooked Oilmen.

5- If someone is dying of an incurable disease and they are in great pain, who am I to say they should suffer. Let em die if they want to.

6- The evidence shows that industrialization and the massive releases of CO2 have caused climate change. So I am for reducing CO2 emissions, government funded if necessary.

7- We must kill these leach insurance companies and give Medicare to all.

8- The borders cannot be secured and customs officials can be bribed. If we instead prosecuted people who hired illegal labor, then that would reduce the demand for Illegal labor. But since farm workers do not get paid the minimum wage and can't unionize, then that ain't happening.

9- Politicians need to quit using money for Social Security on BS. New spending shoud require new taxes, not dipping into Social Security's money.

10- The UN is worthless because it is just a tool for security council countries to eff other countries.

11- Welfare is necessary because Free Trade which is a core Free Market principal has driven industry out of this country. Welfare will no longer be necessary when this country brings back industry through the use of tariffs and subsidies to create an American industrial base.

12- I support Gay marriage, if your church don't want to allow it then that is your church's decision.

This must be a joke, but IF it's not, I'd say:

It depends on how repressive the other guys is. There's some good stuff in there, but I didn't like the contradictions. If you really believed in Separation of Church & State, then you'd need to separate those religious beliefs on "marriage being reserved for Adam & Eve", & taking away the right of women's freedom to abort, is based on your religion, and if your for stem cell research, why single out the rape & incest babies for research. You can not stop a woman from finding more dangerous ways to stop an unwanted birth. That's classic republican repression. As for Assisted Suicide, Jesus seems like he was a great man, he had a beautiful heart like John Lennon, Gandhi, & The Buddha, but did his father not have him on a suicide mission. No offense (cause this most be a joke), but you seem to confused in your beliefs to lead a nation.

This is tough. I agree with your views on the Separation of Church and State, the War on Terror, Taxes, Healthcare, Gun Control, Energy, Embryonic Stem Cell Research, and maybe Welfare and Global Warming. However, I disagree with Gay Rights, the United Nations, Death Penalty, and Abortion. More things I agree with than disagree, though.

• Trix

Some of it sounds alright, but talk is cheap as we saw with the #1 example called Owebama.

Close on most issues any compromise in your positions?

I like your campaign platform but suspect like every other politician , you lie and won't follow through.

Cool story, bro.

No.

You're just spewing simplistic nonsensical slogans.

I wouldn't vote for you

• ?

yep