Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

Why does everybody say everything about Europe is bad?

Sure they have their faults. But let's take Switzerland. Their country has the lowest crime rate in the world. You know why?

They are required in their country to do military service for a number of years. After that, they are REQUIRED to take their guns home. Fully automatic assault rifles. And they keep training with them. Funny how they aren't killed off by guns in record numbers. But here in the US where there is tough gun control, there is a major problem with gun deaths.

Maybe if we are getting so "European" over here, we should adopt some of Switzerland's gun laws too.

Just a thought.

I never said Switzerland was the US. You missed the entire point of the question.

Favorite Answer

Wow. My respect for the Swiss just grew. I mean I always did Like them. How could I not? I'm Catholic (the Swiss guard) Plus, my dad has bought me a Swiss army knife every couple of years for Christmas.

People who rant about Europe on this board tend to be uneducated types who blindly follow the ideology put forth by their favorite talk-radio hosts. Most know few people from Europe, have never truly experienced life in a European nation, can't speak another language and can't understand why, if they did visit Europe, their boorish conduct didn't win over the citizens of the land they were visiting. Yes, European nations all have their problems. Only a person completely deluded would deny that: racial tension has risen as racial minorities grow in countries such as Britain, France, Germany, certain cities in Sweden, the Netherlands and others. However, Norway is mostly homogenous as is Finland, and the Republic of Ireland tends to be relatively homogenous still as are many of the Eastern European nations. The unemployment rates can be found very easily by a simple look at an almanac or from reputable online sources, but there are those who would rather ignore facts and say things such as "everyone's unemployed over there!" or "they pay all their salary in taxes", never bothering to get the tax rates for all 44 nations in Europe and discovering that although France, Germany and the Scandinavian nations do have high tax rates, not all countries have that level of taxation. Facts: they appear to be anathema to the uneducated branch of the Right these days and they have found a home here for the most part.

Switzerland also has a lower disparity of income, very few minorities, and equality in education. Who's in prison in the United States? Poor minorities that have low levels of education. I think those factors are more important than military service and assault rifles.

• Ac

Why do people continue try to compare USA to european countries? America has 320 million people---what does france or switzerland or denmark have? They are the size of one state. you cannot compare the 2 ever

the Swiss also have the good sense to stay out of international disputes and just sit back and hold the money for both sides. they are also very picky about who can immigrate and become a citizen. they're pretty savvy like that.

I love Switzerland, its even more right wing than the US.

• xxxxx

"Why does everybody say everything about Europe is bad?"

Too much TV. They do not see that we actually have a rotting infrastructure and terrible education. We are a third world country compared to many in Europe.

Do you ever wonder what the government in Switzerland tells people when they're denied welfare? "No Swiss cheese for you!"

• ?

Switzerland isn't the US.

Because europe is a thorn in the side of freedom and democracy.