why after 6 month in the uk I still can't get a job with all the qualification i have?

Hi,

I need some advice on what is going on !

I will start with my professional and personal career and life.

I started My career once i was graduated with bachelor degree equivalent to GCSE from Morocco.

After that I went to privet cabin crew and hospitality institute where i have been selected from 66 students with other 4 persons to work in Dubai for 5stars Hotel called Burj Al atrab( it is one of the most famous hotel in the world), I worked as Guest Relation executive for 2 years, then I met my husband their and in the same time one of the VVVVIP costumer offered us a job to work for his big company in saudi arabia , where I worked as guest Relation manager then Public relation manager also for 2 years, after that we had to change the country again to Bahrain where I change completely my career from Hospitality to Real Estate. so I started as real estate agent for 6 month where I have met my business partner and we decided to open a real estate agent and we did , at the beginning was great but unfortunately when the economic crises started we where the first one to be suffering.

Unfortunately my partner decided to quit so I couldn't survive and the great end was that my husband also lost his job ! we tried to do our best to survive and find a job and be back on our feet but that was not the truth.

As my husband is French, we decided to go their and try to start a new life and it was the worst Idea ever we could done in our life : we where unwelcome, resist , depressant,and all negative things we didn't at all expect .

so finely one February 2010, we decided to come to UK as my husband used to work in the uk for 8 year a long time then he believed that life and career could be much butter in the uk ! and thank god

we had our friends in the Uk so they helped us to start.

so from February to now Thank god my husband find a job since last 6 months, but I'm still and still looking , I have been to interviews I believe 8 interviews and no chance, some of them said that we gives the position to someone who is already from the company and I find the answer stupid because why would you put a position in the market if you will be considering someone from the company ? first see who deserve the position form you employees then if you don;t find target the market!!!!!

and the rest they didn't bother to answer at all !!!! and some they said will we recruit British only !!!!

I'm keeping my head Up and looking and posting for jobs and also i contacted a career advisers, they all says ; wawww great CV Great qualification , you speak 4 languages, you communication is great , you have the confidence and the eye contact ! an sorry we can;t do much for you but you just need to be patients and something positive will come ! HAHAHA is like I asked a fortune teller !!!

so Now I just feel like all what i have been doing to prove to my self that I will get the great career I always wanted , and after all the training and qualifications I worked hard to have and and and ! this is my situation now~????????? Unemployed??????? asking my self what i have done wrong ??? why ????? how ????? what is going on??? I asked my the few people I know and my husband and my friends and they all answer the same way and the same answers . to make me fell ok !

So would you tell me where is the problem ?

so I decided to Wright to you all to have you true feedback ! and I will really appreciate if you are honest and truthful about your answers .

Thank you very much in advance

I would like to Thank every one for the support and your feedback as it is very important for me to know the different point of view .

And John Jones I think you are rubbish !

I have made some mistakes as I was writing fast ,but still English is not my mother language and I do speak 4 languages which shows how I work hard to learn new things and develop my skills not like you stupid .

To all my new friends ! really appreciate your answers and I'll keep you posted on what's new ! .

Good luck

Best Answer

Hi, it seems that your difficulties are several. It is a pity that your real-estate experience did not link in with your relations-management experience. Sometimes, two careers will fit together to find a niche where both can be a positive bonus, albeit in a smaller market. Your real strength would appear to be in your 4 years of relationship management. If you have short recommendations from your work, place one or two of these in your letters and c.v. Stress the strength of being multi-lingual in a multilingual business and tourist destination in the UK and focus totally on larger business and tourist hotels and hotel groups. Get help in refining your English writing composition.

Why not use your relationship skills to develop and enhance each contact you make? Use them to seek referrals, advice and help with your job-seeking processes and communications.

The market may be depressed, but focus and hard work will help you. Remember, it is the person who keeps positive and works to find work (with professionalism and dedication) who stands the best chance when so many other people are giving up. Good luck!

Source(s): http://angusmcleod.com for video help, articles, self-coaching etc

The same reason people who were born and studied here can't get a job. I don't mean that in a horrible way, it's just that I'm having the same issues myself and seeing people move here from other Countries thinking they'll get that high flying career upsets me. I spoke to a guy who moved from Scotland to London to find work, only to find himself on the streets and homeless. We are right in the middle of a really bad recession, and if you listen to the professionals telling you it's getting better, then you're a fool to yourself. It's not going to get better any time soon because it's designed this way..

I've been applying for jobs day and night, everything and anything. I hope you find something before I do, because I care about people enough to wish nothing but good things for you. However, I think you've come over at the worse possible time.

Good luck :)

The hospitality industry has been heavily hit in the recession - fewer jobs and lower salaries means fewer people are going on holiday and staying in hotels

But it's not just your industry. One friend has an MBA from an American university, years of experience in both advertising and publishing in London, and she hasn't been able to get a job in almost a year now. She's had interviews, has an impressive CV but still can't get a thing. Luckily she's from a wealthy family who can support her as her savings have no run out. But it's not just you. Another friend's husband is a banker - same situation. He's worked for top banks like Credit Suisse and HSBC but has been out of work for 6 months and can't get anything. It's just the economy right now - and it's only going to get worse as the hundreds of thousands of public sector workers losing their jobs are going to be competing for the same private sector jobs

Well you have got to do something. There are alot of people in more or less the same situation as you. Do you speak a foreign language? Are there any skills you can use to set up a similar business for yourself? There are helpcentres like the UCKG on mondays (worldwide) who provide practical advice on how you can get your finances back on track.

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble- do bear in mind it is a recession and a difficult time for anyone currently looking for a job.

Try looking with an executive recruitment agency like Robert Walters http://www.robertwalters.com/en-gb/about-us.do

Good Luck- I hope you find something soon!

• ?

A number of reasons, your English is rubbish, and it seems to have escaped your notice, that there are more tan 4 million people out of work. Also, why should a UK company employ a foreigner, when they employ a British person?

Also your education level is very low.

The recession has taken its toll and there are less jobs

because there's a recession hitting that part of the market hard.

you can try training to be a teacher or you can be an interpreter.