? asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

picks and thoughts on alabama vs. lsu game?

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• NITWIG
    Favorite Answer

Alabama hasnt played a full 60 minute game yet this year in terms of performance. They've played good halves & good quarters but not a full 60 minute performance. I have a hunch that with the week off to rest this may be their game to do just that. I see LSU hanging around for awhile because of their defense but Alabama pulls away at the end.

Even if Peterson does a good job on Julio, Alabama has other recievers to go to. Marquis Maze & Darius Hanks have over 40 catches between them so far so Alabama has plenty of other guys to go to.

Plus that, LSU simply doesnt have the passing game to make Alabama respect them. They'll load the box and stop the run and make LSU beat them with the pass and I dont think LSU can do it.

Bama 24

LSU 13

i like Alabama as well but Alabama has concerned me past two to three weeks, 59 rushing ypg for Ingram and Richardson and Julio Jones is gonna be taken out by Patrick Peterson all game but everybody's like oh well the other two receivers for bama will step up, first off those two receivers arent that great and wont make that big of a difference, its gonna come down to the running game if Ingram can get 15-25 carries and a 115-125 game they will win but the defensive line for lsu is sick.

now for LSU offense Jefferson has to have the biggest game of his career and then some the secondary is weak for alabama but the front 7 are arguably the fastest in the country, and LSU has to strike fast in the game in order to win.

Alabama 24 LSU 10

Alabama doesnt seem to get bothered when playing in LSU and i think the defense is gonna win this game for bama

• I want to pick LSU but I just don't think they have the offense to beat Alabama. I think the Alabama defense will force Lee or Jefferson to turn the ball over and that will be the difference. LSU has an outstanding defense and that should keep them in the ball game. I have Alabama winning 27-24.

I got LSU, at home. Last year Pat Peterson ultimately shut down Julio Jones. Jones 3 big plays came when Peterson was out of the game, or on someone else. Les Miles will make sure Peterson is on Julio Jones 100% this game, and Alabamas big play guy will not be a factor. LSU, at home, gonna get it done.

• DC94

Bame 28-17

I think Bama defense is going to be too much for LSU offense that struggles to put points on the board.

the tide!!!!!!! will indeed ROLL TO A 34-22 WIN

TIDE WILL WHIP lsu