How high is the risk of getting pregnant on Ortho tri-cyclen Lo if not taken at the same time each day?

I was wondering how high the risk of getting pregnant is on Ortho tri-cyclen Lo if not taken at the same time each day... If you usually take it at 8 in the morning, but forget to take it until like 7 at night, or 10 at night, how high are the chances? Is it like taking no type of birth control at all?

And, if you usually take it at 8 am, then forget to take it until late at night, is it better to take it again the next day at 8 am again, or should it be later since the timing of the last one was later?

Thanks!

• Momma
    Favorite Answer

It will affect everyone differently and is best to take at the same time every day as you know. If you forget to take one at 8 one morning and don't take it until 7 that night, still take your next pill in the morning. If the morning doesn't work for you, try another time during the day. If you have a set schedule of when you get home or eat dinner or go to bed or shower, anything really that you do everyday so that you can associate taking that pill with it and it can be easier to remember. I was on Ortho tri-cyclen Lo for 2 straight years and I missed pills a few times, as well as taking them at different times some days and never got pregnant but other women are more sensitive to it. The chances are not as high as if you aren't taking any birth control as long as you are not missing any pills. When not taking the pill at the same time every day I believe it drops from 99.9% effective to around 80-95% effective.

Source(s): http://www.rxlist.com/ortho-tri-cyclen-lo-drug.htm ... This website has a lot of great info.