Sierra asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

I Need Low Carb Diet Tips Please!! :)?

So, I am going into a low carb diet and I need a few tips.

1. What are the things I should eat? (I know meats and eggs, but I've also heard you need to eat fats? I don't think so...)

2. What don't I at?

3. On the first couple weeks I know I am supposed t stick to a specific diet, but what is that diet?

4. What is a serving size? How much do I eat?

5. Why can I at Veggies but not Fruits?

6. What drinks can I drink?

7. Am I allowed to eat any type of dairy?

8. How long will it take me to loose about 20 pounds?

9. What is a good meal menu for breakfasts, lunch, and dinner everyday?

10. Can I chew gum?

11. Do I need to do any extra exercise?

Thanks you guys for all the help!

Favorite Answer

I will answer in order for you.

1 ) Yes, you can eat fats, this is a low carb diet, not a low fat diet. It has been shown that carbs are more of a culprit for obesity than fats. Eat Lean meats, vegetables, nuts and drink water.

2) Avoid, enriched flours, sugar and pasta.

(you can have wheat products and fruit in moderation)

3) The first few weeks of a low carb diet is usually very restrictive with the carbs. For the first few weeks, eat very VERY few carbs.

4) A serving size is what the caloric and nutritional info is based on. A good rule of thumb is, something about the size of a balled up fist is a single serving. Most products will list what a serving size is.

5) Fruits should be eaten in moderation because of the high sugar in fruit. Even though fruit sugar is natural, it is still sugar, and sugar is a carb. The only carbs you should not worry about is fiber (because it just passes through the system).

6) What can you drink? Tea, water, flavored water like Propel or Crystal light will be fine if you need something with taste. Avoid soda and limit fruit juices.

7) Dairy in moderation, milk and cheese have much more carbs than you think, besides, the main benefit to dairy is the calcium, which can be found in brocolli.

8) Weight loss will be dependent upon exercise and how strictly you can keep to the diet. Under optimal conditions, you could lose that weight in 2 months, though I would expect 3-4 months to be more likely.

9) Just stay within the above quidlines and keep your calories low (1000-1500 again, dependent upon your current height / weight).

10) Yes, you can chew gum.

11) Yes, exercising will only speed the process up.

While you re going to vacation take some fitness accessories along with you

• Mario

try an open face sandwich instead one with two slices of bread

think ahead to how youll eat and exercise on the weekends its easy to get too relaxed on saturdays and sundays but healthy living is a 7 day a week endeavor

• Tammy

sweep your floors for 15 minutes then vacuum for 15

Eat eggs yogurt and whole grains

foods with healthy fats such as olives salmon and walnuts help you feel satisfied

invest in quality pots and pans the heavier they are the more energy it ll take to use them

vanquish hunger with volumetrics

eat soup