Nancy
Nancy asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 decade ago

What has happened to thank you notes ?

In the last few years I have attended bridal showers, baby showers,given gifts for birthdays, other holidays and some just because little gifts but rarely receive a thank you note in return. Also I rarely receive acknowledgment that the card or gift was received if it was one that I mailed. Do people think they don't need to thank anyone or do they just feel entitled to everything these days ? The people I am talking about are nieces, nephews, in-laws and some friends.

I don't expect a reply from someone just because I send a card.

Snarktop-you are just the kind of individual I am asking about.

Favorite Answer

replaced by = Email Facebook text and twitter, all of which I refused to use! But I do agree with you, I would personally send a kind thank you card or letter to show y appreciation. Unfortunately technology is eradicating our responsibilities for Heartfelt communication ;(..

Do you send gifts because you feel obligated?

That's the only reason I can imagine that you would feel entitled to anything in return.

A gift is a gift.

Edit* Congratulations, I have enlightened you. Can I have my thank you note?

perhaps they were busy texting or something so genius as that.

idk i send thank you letters