YES!!!!!! I THINK IT IS SARCOPTIC MANGE!!!!!! and questions?

I was at the vets (again) and talked the vet into treating my non-collie breed dog for sarcoptic mange so she got the Ivermetcin injection. Already she is itching less tonight..still itching but it's significantly less. The problem is my border collie mix couldn't get the treatment so my other dog will get... show more I was at the vets (again) and talked the vet into treating my non-collie breed dog for sarcoptic mange so she got the Ivermetcin injection. Already she is itching less tonight..still itching but it's significantly less. The problem is my border collie mix couldn't get the treatment so my other dog will get mites again if this shot kills them off her. My vet said revolution would be used for my border collie mix but it could still kill him..this is so against my beliefs to begin with..everyone on the rawfeeding yahoo group says heartworm medicine is toxic poison to dogs. How can I treat him when it can kill him?

has anyone treated a collie breed for mites and how please? thank you

And my cat never got mites yet she sleeps in the same bed as my dogs..so I'm not sure what I am doing wrong that my dogs get sick like this.
Update: THANK YOU Jennifer, Felidire, and Chetco..god I appreciate it. I'm searching more info..about those links you found for the topical products Felidire and trying to find some BC experts on a yahoo group..one said I could use revolution but I don't know..I want to hear from more and see. DSR--the slide... show more THANK YOU Jennifer, Felidire, and Chetco..god I appreciate it. I'm searching more info..about those links you found for the topical products Felidire and trying to find some BC experts on a yahoo group..one said I could use revolution but I don't know..I want to hear from more and see.

DSR--the slide results STILL aren't in yet!!!! But the vet scraped their skin today again and saw NO yeast at all which would indicate fungal..and he said he only saw normal skin bacteria and not even in an excessive amount but normal. I hope I'm not jumping the gun..but it is nice to see my dog not attack her skin endlessly for the first time in weeks.