Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWrestling · 9 years ago

WWE Friday Night Showdown Episode 1 Rate the show.?

A video package airs, which shows the events of the previous Friday's Smackdown and Christian becoming the World Champion. We are live at ringside and Jerry Lawler and Jim Ross welcome us to the show. They go over what happened on Friday and then hype tonight's main event, which will determine the winner of the vacant WWE Championship, similar to the match that was held on Smackdown.

The Miz's music hits and he comes out to the ring, accompanied by Alex Riley. He says he seen what Christian done on Friday, overcoming the odds to become Champion. He says that he will emulate Christian tonight and become the new WWE Champion. He finishes with his signature "I'M THE MIZ AND I'M AWESOME", before leaving, as we approach our first match.

Match 1: Evan Bourne vs Justin Gabriel.

Quick highflying match, which really showcases how great these two are. The match lasts about 5-6 minutes and ends with Evan hitting Airbourne on Gabriel. Great match to start off the show.

We go backstage and see Randy Orton being interviewed by Josh Mathews. Josh asks Randy how he feels about Miz's comments earlier on and Orton says that The Miz is all talk and no action. Orton says that tonight, the Age of Orton will officially begin and it will start with him becoming the new WWE Champion. He says that he can back up his words in the ring, unlike The Miz and then walks away.

Match 2: Daniel Bryan vs Kaval.

Another fantastic match, right on the heels of Bourne vs Gabriel. Highflying match, with lots of submission holds also. Lasts about 7 minutes and ends with Bryan hitting Cattle Mutilation and pinning Kaval for the win. Both men receive a standing ovation from the crowd at the end, after putting on such a great match.

Match 3: Hart Dynasty vs The Gatecrashers.

Not the greatest of matches, but still pretty decent. The end comes when Smith and Kidd hit the Hart Attack on Hawkins and pin him for the victory.

Lawler and Ross hype up the main event for tonight, which will be contested in a Fatal 4 Way No Disqualification Match. The winner will become the new WWE Champion.

Match 4: Wade Barrett vs Sheamus.

Good, solid match, which leads us into the main event nicely. Lasts about 8 minutes and the end comes with Sheamus hitting the Brogue Kick and then the Celtic Cross. Sheamus pins him and celebrates as we go to commercials.

Match 5: The Miz vs Randy Orton vs John Cena vs John Morrison.

The match is barely underway before Cena and Orton are at each others throats. They fight all the way up the ramp and the announcers remind us that this match is no DQ. Miz and Morrison also have a lot of history and they are fighting inside the ring. Orton and Cena are now fighting amongst the crowd, whilst Miz and Morrison are now battling outside the ring also. Morrison picks up a chair and nails The Miz in the head with it, busting him wide open. Orton and Cena re emerge from the crowd and Morrison aims to hit Cena in the head with the chair, only for Cena to duck and Orton gets hit instead. The Miz and Orton are both down and Morrison and Cena are fighting inside the ring. Cena locks in the STFU, but Morrison escapes. Orton and The Miz re enter the ring and all four men are going at it. The Miz is still bleeding from the head. Miz is about to hit Cena with the Skull Crushing Finale, but Cena counters and hits the FU on The Miz. Orton breaks up the count just in time. Orton turns round and walks right into an Enziguiri from Morrison. With Orton layed out, Morrison is about to go for Starship Pain, but Cena hits him in the back with a steel chair. Orton staggers to his feet and Cena walks right into an RKO. Orton pins him and becomes the new Champion. Orton celebrates until The Miz attacks him from behind. The announcers remind us that Orton had some choice words for The Miz earlier on and this is Miz getting payback. The Miz gets on the mic and says that Orton said earlier on that he couldn't back up his words inside the ring. He then challenges Orton to one on one match at Unleashed, with the WWE Championship on the line. He says that we will see who can back up their words then, as Raw goes off the air.

Update:

Showdown is also called Raw

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Ric F
    Lv 6
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

i will give your Friday Night Showdown a 1/5 i am sorry but i did not really like it. i mean i am just trying to give you honest feedback. the matches were not that great. could have better superstars compete for your debut show. however you can only go up from here right? anyway best match on the card Daniel Bryan V. Kaval.

word to the wise

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.