2000 nissan sentra p1130 swirl control valve location 1.8L?

Getting a rough idle 5-6 minutes after warm up in my nissan sentra 1.8L. DTC codes came back p1130 which I believe is 'Swirl Control Valve Control Solenoid Valve'. Shortly afterwards, the code P0175 comes up because the engine is running rich. I assume the rich mixture is due to the p1130 code. Problem... show more Getting a rough idle 5-6 minutes after warm up in my nissan sentra 1.8L. DTC codes came back p1130 which I believe is 'Swirl Control Valve Control Solenoid Valve'. Shortly afterwards, the code P0175 comes up because the engine is running rich. I assume the rich mixture is due to the p1130 code. Problem is, I have no idea where this SCV is. I understand that it is a solenoid valve, and I've dealt with them on other cars' egr systems. Its a little solenoid that has usually two hose connections at one end and a third connection at the opposite end of it. Now I found a solenoid valve like that deep underneath the throttle plate opening, but I thought this vacuum valve was for the EGR system. Am I wrong? Could someone tell me exactly where the SCV, if I even have one, and if you have any tricks/methods to test its functionality. Thank you in advance.
Update: Hey John Paul, thanks so much for your input, I did what you said and i hear the solenoid clicking when i ground the non-power side of the line to the solenoid, but the diaphram of the actuator on the side of the intake manifold is NOT moving. Once i start the vehicle, it compresses and stays compressed even after... show more Hey John Paul, thanks so much for your input, I did what you said and i hear the solenoid clicking when i ground the non-power side of the line to the solenoid, but the diaphram of the actuator on the side of the intake manifold is NOT moving. Once i start the vehicle, it compresses and stays compressed even after engaging the ground on the solenoid. I then pulled the vacuum line from the solenoid TO the actuator diaphram and ONLY THEN did the diaphram slide out. I put my finger on the line and felt vacuum. Then I engaged the solenoid again and put my finger over the line again and felt less vacuum, but only slightly and it was still sucking pretty strongly (obviously enough to keep the diaphram from closing). So does this mean the solenoid is bad? Since the actuator diaphram moves by hand, doesn't this mean that the solenoid is bad? It DOES click and slightly switch the vacuum to the other line, but maybe its not switching all the way? Let me know if this sounds right to you THANKS
1 answer 1