A make over of the tomahawk railroad?

as i mentioned before i plan to aquire the smallest railroad in the state of wisconsin. the tomahawk rairload a six mile shortline serving one enormous mill in tomahawk, wisconsin. but the thing is is that everybody on the railroad has to much responsibility. the manager is responsible for everything a supervisor... show more as i mentioned before i plan to aquire the smallest railroad in the state of wisconsin. the tomahawk rairload a six mile shortline serving one enormous mill in tomahawk, wisconsin. but the thing is is that everybody on the railroad has to much responsibility. the manager is responsible for everything a supervisor and manager as well as owner would be responsible for. the mechanic is also the track laborer which usually he is known to rebuild the needed things within the locomotive by hand which they dont have everything at the time which they need to order all parts needed. and the conductor and engineer dont even work alongside each other. the conductor works the yard and the engineer has reponsibility of the switching of tracks, operation of locomotive and all railcar documentation.

since that is to much is this a good idea to keep some people and hire new people including the following:

track laborer
track welder
track truck driver
track machine operator

diesel electrician
diesel mechanic

brakeman
switchman
conductor
engineer

general manager
president (hopefully me in the future, the railroad is under public ownership of genesee and wyoming)
2 answers 2