What exactly did President Obama "screw up"?
I keep seeing people comment on boards and Facebook and stuff about how Obama screwed us all and messed up the entire country. How? The only thing I've noticed is that we're still in a recession.
- Anonymous9 years agoBest Answer
In his first sixty days in office......
1. Most expensive inauguration. Ever.
2. Appointing tax cheat Tim Geithner.
3. Appointing under investigation Bill Richardson.
4. Appointing tax cheat Tom Daschle.
5. Appointing Marc Rich and terrorist pardoning Eric “Nation of Cowards” Holder.
6. Appointing Janet “Man Caused Disasters” Napolitano.
7. Appointing Hilda Solis (OK, her husband has the tax liens).
8. Appointing anti-Semitic Charles Freeman Jr.
9. Appointing tax cheat Ron Kirk.
10. Appointing fund-raising cheat Gary Locke.
11. Appointing under investigation Adolfo Carrion.
12. Bumping his head on the Marine One helicopter.
13. Banning offshore oil again.
14. Funding abortions overseas.
15. Using the word “crisis” 25 times in a speech, then later complaining that people are too negative about the economy.
16. Letting Nancy Pelosi write the $787 billion “stimulus’ plan.
17. Relying on Tim Geithner to explain it.
18. Putting Joe Biden in charge of making sure the stimulus money is not — wink, wink, nudge, nudge — misspent.
19. Setting the Oval Office thermostat at 80.
20. Going to a press conference without a TelePrompTer. I… Uhh… Umm… Could you repeat the question?
21. Using a TelePrompTer at a press conference. Big boys don’t need training wheels.
22. Opening a press conference with: “Good evening, everybody. Please be seated. Before I take your questions tonight, I’d like to speak briefly.” 1,228 words later he took his first question.
23. Ethics waivers.
24. Going after Rush Limbaugh.
25. Going after Rick Santelli.
26. Going after Jim Cramer.
27. Trying to run the Census out of the White House.
28. Adopting the motto: “Never waste a good crisis.”
29. Writing a love letter to Vlad and Dmitry.
30. Throwing Poland under the bus.
31. Throwing Tibet under the bus.
32. Throwing Israel under the bus.
33. Taking Cuba out from under the bus.
34. Ticking off Switzerland by having his tax cheat go after the tax cheats in Switzerland. Cognitive dissonance.
35. Saying: “Karzai has a bunker mentality.”
36. Reaching out to the Taliban.
37. Iran has plans to Marine One helicopters.
38. Explaining his refusal to work with Republicans with the words: “I won.”
39. Having a BlackBerry that can easily be hacked by the Chinese.
40. Saying to the people of Peoria: “If Congress passes our plan, this company will be able to rehire some of the folks who were just laid off.” CEO: No. There will be more layoffs.
41. He gave a gift to the “wrong region” to British Prime Minister Gordon Brown.
42. Making the president of Brazil change his meeting so O’Bama could celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.
43. Telling the American people: “You can’t take a trip to Las Vegas or go down to the Super Bowl on the taxpayers’ dime.” Vegas convention bookings nosedive.
44. Serving $100-a-pound wagyu — on the taxpayers’ dime.
45. Sending a “reset” button to Russia, presumably to diss the last 70 years of America standing up to communism.
46. Having the “reset” button say “overcharged.”
47. Taking a 4-day holiday weekend before signing “emergency” legislation.
48. Stiffing Chicago for nearly $2 million for that Election Night party.
49. Telling Caroline Kennedy she would, you know, make, um a good, you know, senator.
50. Bombing Pakistan.
51. Sending the bust of Sir Winston Churchill back to the British.
52. Telling reporters privately: “President Obama has accomplished more in 30 days than any president in modern history.”
53. Walking into a White House window thinking it was a door.
54. Signing an order that doctors must perform abortions, in violation of the Hippocratic Oath.
55. Signing earmarks while denouncing them.
56. Adding signing statements while denouncing them.
57. Quadrupling the deficits, while denouncing them.
58. Considering having the VA charge veterans for service-related injuries.
59. Thanking himself in a Teleprompter malfunction.
60. Heckuva job, Tim.
61. Trade war with Mexico over 97 trucks.
62. Saying his bowling is “like the Special Olympics.”
63. Saying he didn’t know the AIG bonuses were included in the bailout package he signed.
64. Banning the press from covering his acceptance of a press association award.
65. Skipping the Gridiron Club dinner.
66. Picking a special economics board to help him in the “emergency” that did not meet.
Since then, this website keeps a running log
- sudaLv 43 years ago
including his ego zerObama might want to likely identify it "The Holy Bible, King Barry version." If he screwed up with Daschle, what's his excuse for Geithner? Or did "the only" do a laying on of hands, and remedy Geithner of tax dishonest? A Rat Snake and a Rattlesnake positioned on different matches, yet they are nonetheless snakes. what's the type between Geithner and Daschle?
- 9 years ago
Well.... lets review
1. He put us in massive debt
2. Spent almost a trillion dollars on a Stimulus that didn't do hardly anything
3. Socialized healthcare which forces Americans to buy healthcare (unconstitutional)
4. We are in no shape to pay for socialized healthcare
5. repercussions of his policies( higher inflation, taxes, interest rates)
It's not too difficult to see why america is pissedSource(s): 2010 elections
- 9 years ago
Obama didnt screw up on anything he Wuz just given the job at the wrong time. Previous presidents screwed up and now Obama has the job to fix it but it still gonna take a while for everything to come back to normal.Source(s): kid brother is a political nerd.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 9 years ago
He has not been getting America out of the economic turmoil as quickly as he promised.. screw up.Source(s): BBC NEWS
- hilton_b_2000Lv 59 years ago
Everything he touches