Non-Custodial parent visitation for out of state moves?

I have sole physical custody of my 4 yr old son. His dad and I share legal custody. His dad currently pays $68 per week in child support which is not enough considering daycare is 200 per week, etc...Anyway, I sat down and talked to him rather than running to court to find out what his financial situation is, you... show more I have sole physical custody of my 4 yr old son. His dad and I share legal custody. His dad currently pays $68 per week in child support which is not enough considering daycare is 200 per week, etc...Anyway, I sat down and talked to him rather than running to court to find out what his financial situation is, you know..Basically he is just going to school, which is good, but I think he should work a little more too.....Anyway, since I work for a company that is nationwide, I was considering moving to a suburb in Georgia. The houses are really cheap. i was considering buying a home around 60,000..My mortgage would be very low considering that I pay $1300 for a 2 bedroom in MA now. ..Also, the schools in the area are really good, whereas the town I live now, requires me to place my son in a private school because the public schools are not that great..........Now his dad currently sees him every other Friday at 8 pm to Sunday at 6 pm. My move is not to deprive my son from his dad. I want to create a visitation schedule, but I am not sure what the average schedule is for ut of state moves? Suggestions anybody???? My only concern is: If my son comes up here for the summer, can I request at court that he has to be enrolled in a summer program? His dad is the type to leave him with anyone so he does not have to pay.....I mean I am not trying to nag, I just want to know that my son is okay while he is up here. Isnt that fair enough?.Any suggesstions for visitation?

Most importantly, I would like for my son to maintain the relationship he has with his dad, but I can't afford the cost of living in MA...At least if I moved to Georgia, I can cut my hours down to 30 and finish school! Also my son will have a backyard and be happy. (I'm one of those ppl who make too much to qualify for assistance, but can't afford the cost of living after taxes)

Also..his dad has never been to a doctor's appt, dentist appt, or even a school open house.....I always let him know a month in advance even though I know he won't go, so how will he do this if I leave my son with him?
4 hours ago
Update: ok let me just clarify..i'm aware that i have to go to court first to get permission to move out of the state.....im just stating the facts and asking if anyone knows what the average out of visitation parenting plan would be like for this type of person who is around when they feel like it, but does have... show more ok let me just clarify..i'm aware that i have to go to court first to get permission to move out of the state.....im just stating the facts and asking if anyone knows what the average out of visitation parenting plan would be like for this type of person who is around when they feel like it, but does have rights like every father does!!