Arun asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

What's the name of this movie?

Its one of the very first movies i watched as a kid.The story revolves around this old eskimo guy who's working somewhere for a company in the arctic.He shares his stories as a pilot in WW2 to people of the pub in exchange for free drinks.He describes his romance with this white lady that probably ends tragically. I can't remember too much in detail cause i watched it about 15 years ago.At the end of the movie, the guy dies as his snowmobile sinks when he sees a mirage of his love in the snow.Names please?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Map of the Human Heart (1993)

starring Jason Scott Lee, Anne Parillaud, Patrick Bergin, John Cusack, Jeanne Moreau

IMDb review:

A down and out middle-aged Eskimo man recounts his life story to an Arctic cartographer, which constitutes the bulk of the film via flashback. His story begins with his puppy love relationship with a young mixed-race girl in a hospital. From there, the children are torn apart only to have fate bring them together again as adults under the less than idyllic circumstances of World War II. The film meanders from the dramatic to the poignant to the romantic to the horrific and back to square one where it continues the story in present day.

You also might enjoy this film:

Lovers of the Arctic Circle (1998)

aka The Lovers from the North Pole

IMDb review:

Ana and Otto meet when they are children. She is running in the woods after hearing of her father's death; he is running to get a football. When they meet, he falls for her immediately, and she can see her dead father inside him. Sadly, coincidences lead her mother to fall in love with his father, and, before long, they are brother and sister. Over the years though, their affection grows, and they begin a relationship that is so secret that they barely know it themselves. In this circle of love and life, strange things occur that they see from different perspectives.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

a million. Kung Fu Panda 2. 40 12 months previous Virgin 3. The Simpson's action picture 4. 5. Hairspray (the latest version, this certainly got here from Queen Latifah's mouth, the subsequent line is, "So youv'e met my mom!" 6. Friday After next (Katt Williams line) 7. 8. large 9. Twilight (Robert Pattinson because of the fact the superb Edward Cullen!!) 10. needed (James McAvoy and Angelina Jolie, i've got in straightforward terms seen it as quickly as nevertheless so i don't be conscious of who pronounced it)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.