Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

If gay marriage is okay, why not incest marriage?

If two consenting life entities love each other, isn't love a beautiful thing?

Is 9 the new 21?

Update:

What beastiality? Aren't there just a few liberals out there who really, really like goats? Like Moslems?

Update 2:

Maybe that whole incest issue is a little too close to home for most liberals?

Update 3:

Liberals talk about "genetics"? What happened to Pro-Choice???

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Indeed. However, I don't think you have crowds of people demanding to be allowed to marry their fathers or mothers. The difference being that there is no demand for it. A ban on gay marriage is actually a ban on happiness and in fact a restriction of personal freedoms for thousands of people in America. And you love it. You should be ashamed.

Source(s): "Land of the free" my arse.
  • 7 years ago

Ok so if enough people wanted to decriminalize RAPE would that be ok with you? Why does there need to be mass acceptance,for incest to be legal if the people involved are consenting adults? You sound like a hypocrite. This just proves its not about love, its about trying to normalize homosexuality.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Incest marriage can at least produce some type of offspring making it more acceptable than a fruitless union between two of the same sex. I don't condone either but one is far worse than the other.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Gay marriage does not produce offspring incest marriage can. YOu are arguing different arguments with your statement.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because science (ooh that scary word) shows that close relatives who have children run a high risk of producing offspring with genetic defects. That does not seem to be an issue with gay marriage now does it?

Gay marriage harms nothing but the psyche of those against it.

• 1 decade ago

Why not. Go for it. If you plan to have kids, you better do plenty of genetic testing, though.

• 4 years ago

whats up chum if 2 persons love one yet another and wanna get married thats there bussiness, no longer yours. to me and you it sounds incorrect yet i'm no longer gonna dictate how someone would desire to stay there lifes.

• logan
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Apples to oranges. Gay marriage doesn't leave victims in it's wake. Who are the victims of gay marriage? No one.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I agree completely. We need to get rid of all these outdated laws. Now you're using your head. Who says Cons are dumb?

• Andy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

9 is not consenting. You do make a good point though. It's hypocritical to support legalizing gay marriage without supporting legalizing polygamy, bestiality marriages, and everything else.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.