Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo MailNotices and Errors · 1 decade ago

someone hacked my account at gmail and used my name at Yahoo?

my account at gmail has been hacked .here is the email sent to all my contacts. de Ginane Bacho <ginaneb@gmail.com>

répondre à ginanebacho@yahoo.com

à

date 4 novembre 2010 18:59

objet Am in Trouble

envoyé par gmail.com

signé par gmail.com

masquer les détails 18:59 (Il y a 17 heures)

Apologies for having to reach out to you like this, but I made a quick trip to London,United Kingdom and had my bag stolen from me with my passport and credit cards in it. The embassy is willing to help by letting me fly without my passport, I just have to pay for a ticket and settle Hotel bills. Unfortunately for me, I can't have access to funds without my credit card, I've made contact with my bank but they need more time to come up with a new one. I was thinking of asking you to lend me some quick funds that I can give back as soon as I get in. I really need to be on a last minute flight that leaves in a few hours.

I can forward you details on how you can get the funds to me. You can reach me via (ginanebacho@yahoo.com) as am logged on via a smart device or hotel's desk phone, the number is, 011447014065512

Thanks

Ginane

Favorite Answer

This scam has been in existence for more than a year. It is possible that your account was 'harvested through someone else's infected computer, but do a 'deep scan in Safe Mode' just in case, with your anti-virus and Malwarebytes MBAM, a powerful free anti-malware program.

You might be able to avoid opening a new account, but only if you change all the other alternate accounts BEFORE you change to a very strong password. (Hackers would receive notice of password changes otherwise.) Wait a few days to see if the other changes are effective in stopping the spam.

Immediately contact everyone and warn them that this is a scam. Include your new and 'Warning - scam attack on my account!' in the Subject line, as well as an apology to them. Urge ALL of them to use BCC: and delete all addresses when forwarding mail too! Warn them not to click ANY links or even open mail from the old address. (Some malware can infect computers just by opening the mail.)